PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
The worst smoke I recall off hand was from a pouch of Middleton Cherry blend. After I bought it, it was obvious that it had been sitting on the shelf for a very long time. Quite dried out. (It was bought from a smoke shop that specializes in cigarettes and had only a few pouches of OTC pipe tobacco.) - - I'm not a big aro smoker and maybe a fresh pouch is better. But, this had a metallic taste with no cherry at all. I might have gone ten puffs before calling it quits.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
To me Velvet smells like and tastes like cough syrup, the general nasty flavor that most have, but especially Robitussin.
Mixture 79 doesn't bother me to much, but Sutliff Great Outdoors and H&H Burley Kake have a fake licorice flavor that is very off putting.
Last is Granger, which I have complained about many times. When I was a kid I would sometimes suck on my T-shirt collar. It would get soaked in spit and had a very distinctive flavor, which Granger has and it grosses me out. It remains even if you let the Granger get crispy dry. Blech!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Condor, I think you may well be right on that! I laughed when I saw Alex's re sutliff spiced rum. I bought 2oz on the description & after one bowl was glad it was *all* I'd bought!
Bill

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Haven’t tried it twice, it’s in a jar but Kajun Kake freaked me out pretty successfully. I like Vapers but I dunno, it’s...different. Will try again. Other than that I’ve been lucky. I’ve enjoyed most things.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Tobacco is a highly personal thing. My tastes and those of my dear friend Weezel would cause most people to hurl their lunch pales not because of the alleged strength but simply for our 'one dimensional taste' when it comes to stuff we like to smoke. Plenty of you guys have PM'd me over the years and I've happily 'turned you on' to the various plugs I smoke. Its not for everyone and my search for the ultimate 'get you totally out of your skull' plug will continue until they nail the lid down on my box. In the mean time enjoy what you like and enjoy taking the piss out of those blends you hate! Happy Labor Day.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
My tastes and those of my dear friend Weezel would cause most people to hurl their lunch pales
Def know what you mean. I'm not a plug man as such, but when I'm into my lat bombs most normal people wouldn't want to be around me. Except my wife. She loves the stuff, & I won't go into he details as to why. }:)
B

dontbeaburleyman

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2013
Central California
Had to chime in!
My tastes lean toward balkan and English tobaccos. I can tolerate and enjoy lat bombs. I've never met a Balkan I didn't find something positive to say about.
Germain's Royal Jersey Original Latakia Mixture is the only pipe tobacco I just can't stand! I've tried it, cellared it, tried it again and cellared it again, many times over.
The taste makes me wretch! It has a sour apple room note and the smoke is acrid nothingness. The only tobacco I can't get through.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
McConnell’s Glen Piper. No matter what pipe I used, no matter how dry it was, or how long I let it age, it was just bad, bad, bad. Yuck! Just my opinion; I'm sure there’s someone out there with a much better experience.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I didn't particularly care for Amphora Virginia but it's not the intense dislike of some of the blends here. It's been sitting in a jar for about 6 months now so maybe I should give it another try.

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
The worst was one I smoked while in college many years ago. It was called "London Dock" and actually tasted like a dock might taste if smoked. Yuk!

malicev

Lurker
Jun 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
Briar works. Bacon old fashioned! The only tobacco I have had that is unsmokable. There is no bacon and no old fashioned. It tastes like bergamot and citrus. No clue what make them name it that. I was given 50% off at a B&M they want to get rid of it that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.