PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterpython

Might Stick Around
Sep 18, 2013
I have been smoking for a few months and tried a few different blends from a few B&M around town:
Backwoods Cherry, Mild Burley bulk, Shefield's Own Blend, Golden Cavendish Slices, Topper blend from Epicure Pipes and Cigars.
So what would be something good to pick up on my next shopping trip?

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Sounds like aros based on some of the names, but like Roth, I'm unfamiliar w/ all of those and wouldn't mind a bit more info. But, my go to suggestions for anyone exploring around:
GLP: Meridian, Key Largo, and Haddo's Delight.
Descriptions of these and many other great blends can be found here.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
If they are aros I would happily suggest Ashton's Rainy Day, the only aro I have left in rotation.

~Ron

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forums, masterpython! :clap:
4noggins ships to Canada, so maybe you can browse their bulk selections and order a couple ounces of anything that strikes your fancy.
Roth's question is really important, so maybe one of Kevin's articles can be of some help: Pipe Tobacco - it’s not all the same

Pipedia.org can also be a valuable resource.
Have you smoked cigars or cigarettes in the past? It would help to know what your preferences might be.

masterpython

Might Stick Around
Sep 18, 2013
I have smoked cigars and sheesha in the past. I don't really know a lot about pipe tobacco and have just been trying things more or less at random. Are there good examples of some of the major styles?

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Welcome! I'm going to guess that you are smoking aromatic blends- tobaccos that are topped or cased with sweet additions.
Many many here enjoy McClellands's Frog Morton series, especially Frog Morton's Cellar. It is sort of a crossover between aromatics and "English" blends- which contain a smoky, earthy leaf called Latakia. Might be a good place to expand your horizons.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Massterpython, I shop at Epicure as well. A good well rounded aro they offer is Eclair. However, I would recommend their English #1. That was the tobacco that really opened my eyes when I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.