What Time Is Your Favorite Time to Smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
On weekends, in the morning with a cup of coffee after breakfast. Weekdays, as soon as I get home from work, recapping the day and planning the next with my laptop. Industry or leisure, the pipe works well with both :puffpipe:
Right now isn't bad either, perusing the forums before dinner, a quiet Sunday afternoon with a good pipe full of Elizabethan mixture.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
As soon as I get home from work, around 5:15 pm. It offers a great "transition time" from work mode to family mode, so I don't bring the stress of work life into the house with me.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
These late-in-the-summer nights when it starts to get a little bit colder during the evening and you can sense the difference in the air. On the porch or down in my woodshed with the pipe of choice.

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
Saturday morning when everyone aside my wife is still sleeping.

Late night every day when everyone AND my wife is sleeping :)
Morning pipes while driving with cup of coffee. Afternoon pipes when driving back home.
Actually anytime whenever no one bothers me and i can have a peaceful smoke :)

64alex

May 10, 2016
1-2 bowls a week. Friday evening after dinner, Saturday after lunch or after dinner.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
I haven't smoked cigarettes regularly in 30 years. If I still did a morning smoke with coffee would be automatic.

I sleep late and occasionally still have my litre of coffee by the time I light a pipe, but it is into the afternoon.

All of that said, I prefer after dinner for a few to several bowls. I love a room full of pipe smoke. I am careful enough to think before I smoke, as I do not want to fall asleep with a lit bowl. So, I have my cutoff time, which is by 9 or 10 pm.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
My favorite time is whenever I can corner someone to smoke with me. It's harder than it sounds. After that, my favorite time is any time I can squeeze in a smoke. I have two dogs to walk, so it is almost impossible to smoke on my dog walks now. grr.

aussiemike

Lurker
Oct 6, 2017
Mine is around a camp fire either on a shooting or fishing trip, camping in the bush or on the beach. I only smoke my pipes away from the public either out in the never never or at home or around a few friends places. Strangely, reformed smokers wife's ask me to come inside to smoke because they like the smell, like grandpas. I bet a lot of you guys would have had that same experience.

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
12 pm with my cup of hot filter coffee and 7 pm after all work is done. ...almost religiously.

Sometime I might have a 3rd bowl during the weekend.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
I love a few bowls right after school whilst doing homework. So relaxing and takes the edge off of a long day!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Saturday morning, right before work.
There's a nice little park by the lake and if you get there early enough you can watch the sunrise. It's also the only time I can enjoy a pipe. Something about the taste/smoke/sunrise/quiet/solitude.

sumusfumus

Jul 20, 2017
New York City
I try to smoke my pipe after lunch, between 1:00 PM -2:30PM....and then again, right around dusk. Love sitting on my back deck, alone, and love to smoke especially if it's a cool, breezy, evening. Indian Summer...the best! Autumn in New York can be quite lovely. The stench of filthy streets, car exhaust, and the smell of hot sidewalks seems to drift away with October's refreshing breezes. Years ago The Drifters sang a song called "Up On the Roof". Good tune. But my magical respite from Life happens on my back deck. The briar gently tempers my solitude, and the aromatic tobacco smoke evokes pleasant nocturnal reveries.

txpiper07

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2017
About 30 minutes after sunset: it has started to cool down, the crickets are chirping and the early stars start shining through the last traces of dusk in the sky. It’s also not as hot outside, the kids are quiet inside, and have I mentioned it’s a little cooler outside? Smoking a pipe outside in Texas in the summer...

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I enjoy my morning smoke with coffee so much, I spend a good hour doing it. Then the several smokes throughout the day are wonderful. Finally, I smoke a third of a bowl driving my woman to work around 11pm, and the rest on the drive back. On occasion, I'll have one more bowl before I sleep. Those are my favorite times to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.