PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For those of us still working our way through PAD, what is tops on that list right now? Some exquisite carved Meer? Vintage British briar?
For me it is one of these, a Peterson from the Tara line.
Peterson-Tara-2017.png

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
A family era unsmoked Sasieni but I am afraid that will stay a dream. I do not have a birth year pipe yet, so that one would be second perhaps.

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
I would like a DHS pipe next I think. If only TAD would leave me alone.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Those are quite nice, Mike. I've liked the way those look since they released. I really like the XL02. I've been really wanting to get a Barling to add to my collection. There's just something to me about those pipes from that early era that make me want to own one, so right now, I'm busily trying to find me a very nice Barling to smoke. Currently seeking something like this:
p1020313.jpg

Other than that, I still have a simple billiard style meerschaum with a silver spigot at the top of my list to either find or have made, either/or, but I'm putting it off until I hopefully find what I want already made. I looked at this one, but I wanted something new to color myself:
ME-61.JPG

I also happen to want a GBD Prehistoric bent rhodesian. I saw one last year that wasn't for sale, but had sold that made my mouth water. Something like this:
GBD-Prehistoric-9438-Bent-Rusticated-Rhodesian-Briar-Estate.jpg

To round out my top spots of PAD searching, I'm also trying to find me a Peterson with a windcap. Have been wanting one for a while.
IMG_0542.JPG

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
My PAD is mostly on haitus lately, but funny you mention Altinok.
In the 30-plus years I've been smoking one pipe or another, I've yet to pick up a meerschaum. I always thought I'd break it or something. I haven't dropped a pipe in a long time, and I haven't had to buy a new pair of sunglasses for years (believe me, there's a correlation), so when the right meer for sale catches my eye, I'm fer-cryin'out-loud going for it.
Which brings me to Altinok. For years, they had a dual-stem claw/egg that I would have snapped up in a second. As fortune would have it, someone finally bought it.
*Sigh!* Sometimes you just can't win. :wink:

Jan 8, 2013
A Peterson Celtic Natural 106. But I'm just about ready to give up my search for that one. I can't even find a photo online of that one anymore, although I know they exist or existed, because I've seen one before. I've been looking for too long and I know I've missed out on some good pipes while obsessing over that one. So right now, I'm going to focus on something else. There's actually a few on my list, but I really don't know for certain which of those is on top of the list. So, just whichever comes first.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the Tara series, but have quite a few Petes. However, the OP makes me want to smoke my own B10 Calabash.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been eyeballing this Larry Roush pipe since it was listed on SP. I have always wanted to add one of Larry's pipes to my collection, but things just haven't worked out for what ever reason. My issue isn't that I cannot afford, it is do I want to. I have never paid 700.00 for just one pipe. My last 2 purchases were a Weaver and a Ruthenberg which were brand new and basically half the retail price. It is hard for me to justify one pipe for 700.00 when I bought 2 for 600.00
Another thing stopping me is the shaping on the pipe. I don't think it is that great and for 700.00 I need to love it. The blast is gorgeous but the bowl itself looks off to my eye.
lar.jpg

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
@aro222
What size is that one it is a beauty. Castello's are my weakness, If I ever learn to post a picture on this site I will post my collection. I have a shape 55 I ordered from Castello that took a year to get here. They only cut the shape 55 once a year. I say buy it and smoke the crap out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.