PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I wouldn't advice a newbie to go to eBay. I almost bought a Parker there until someone here advised me to check out Parket at Pipeda; sure enough the pipe was a loser. And the infamous burn-through pipe from a couple of weeks ago came from eBay and was the source of numerous problems in getting my money back. Later maybe, but for now, stay away from eBay.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Boswell makes nice pipes and you'll find one in that price range... If I were going to spend $100 or so on a pipe, I'd also look at BriarWorks Classics, Sebastion Beo and Luciano.
Lots of folks love Savinellis, and Stanwells etc, but I like these other brands a bit more for that price range... especially the Luciano pipes.

oldseadog

Lurker
Feb 23, 2016
To the OP, you are getting into pipe smoking for the first time, is that correct? So my question is this? What if you don't like it?

And you spent all that money? My advice is buy a Missouri Meerschaum, and you get just as good of smoke as a 100 dollar pipe. And if you don't like the hobby your out what 8 bucks at the most on a pipe? Then if you do love hobby like most of us here. Go buy the wonderful briars, and the meerschaum pipes.

And welcome to the forum

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I would recommend a smokers haven reddit collaboration author shaped pipe. Pipe is made by Briarworks. Stems are handmade in house at smokers haven. Prices start at $95 and go to about $175. For example the one I would go with is a black blast with brindle ebonite stem at $110. Can't beat a pipe of this quality for that price. Just my opinion of course.
https://www.smokershaven.com/buckeye-pipe-author-custom-order-reddit-poty-2016-r-pipetobacco/

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Forget the brand of pipe.
First, decide what aspects of a pipe you enjoy: bent, straight, tapered stem, or saddle, or freehand, what shape, etc.
Once you are more clear on what pipes you are attracted to, then start looking for a vendor that makes / sells them.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Hmm I am on a Ferndown kick right now and if you look you can score a Ferndown in that price range a little more. If it were me I would save up a little and find a Ferndown that strikes my fancy. Others suggestions here are good also. Now the cob suggestion is either good or bad depending on you. If I would have started with a cob I would not be smoking today. I don't like cobs. I have one that I smoke aromatic blends out of because I can't keep a hold of cheap briar pipes. I keep giving them away. I started on a meerschaum pipe. Shortly after bought one more as well as a cheap briar.

Status
Not open for further replies.