PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
At first, I didn't think I would be the kind of person that favors a particular type of pipe. I seemed to be drawn to all types, even if my wallet couldn't handle it. For sure, I was gathering a collection of tobacco, because it seemed to me that would be the area in which my sensitivities would be displayed. However, I'm finding out that, in fact, I seem to like many different tobaccos, and I prefer churchwarden pipes with a Dublin or calabash-style bowl. The smoke, the feel both in hand and in the mouth, and general appeal all seem greater to me in the form of a churchwarden.

Are you partial to a pipe? What kind and why?

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Squashed tomato, with bent stem. They tend to be light, and for some unstateable reason I love the shape. Been trying to get more from our favorite eBay sellers, when they pop up.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
A Millville flame grain Dublin and a Jobey saddle rusticated with a wire brush, both of which are about 35g, a delight to clench and the veterans of years of Dark Flake consumption; without doubt my favorites over a half-dozen of higher pedigree that never overthrew these two.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I really like my Savinelli 310 rusticated poker. It smokes great, feels light but substantial in the hand, is grippy, and I can set it down whenever I want without a stand.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
I really like apples and princes. I recently bought a Dunhill 4407 and have really fallen for the shape. I also have a Savinelli 207 and it smokes great every time. The best part is with both of those pipes is that I can put them down and they sit just fine.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Meers, preferably in the cutty style...
97XTLWX.jpg

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Wow, Weez, "meervolous." My favourite pipe has been with me a long time. It is a lower end Cavicchi C grade smooth dublin. It has been there through many soothing and cool smokes.
004-006-149591.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I hate questions like these, as they force me to choose. And that's just not fair to my other pipes.... hurts their feelings.
Honestly it's hard for me to choose. I have quite a few pipes of different shapes and brands that I'm quite fond of. If I absolutely had to choose, it would be a handful of pipes including a William Anderson I commissioned, my very first Peterson, my very first Nording, another Peterson (a 106 Rosslare Royal Irish I spent the better part of a year hunting down), a grade 13 Nording (It was my first high grade Nording gifted to me by Peck some time ago... thanks again, Peck!), and perhaps my first Savinelli 320, a Marte.
And now I feel bad, because all the pipes I didn't mention are just sitting there... on the rack... doing nothing... like they're pouting or something. They're very sensitive.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
If I could choose one shape it would be a bent bulldog with either sandblast or rustication. Unfortunately it would seem that the blends I smoke get to call the shots when it comes to choosing which pipe to smoke.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Whichever one I'm smoking! :mrgreen:

It was my Savinelli 645 bent apple short pipe, and my Strambach bent billiard Meerschaum pipe; however, I recently acquired an H. Cor Hawkbill Meerschaum and a Savinelli 141 KS Fiammata and I love both of those. I think my favorites may be changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.