PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I seriously like every pipe I own or it wouldn’t still be with me but I think the OP is mostly looking for shape favoritism. I really tend to gravitate toward Apples, Squashed Tomatoes, Dublin’s and Princes but some pipes like Falcons and their ilk have me pleased with the Billiard shape, I also have a few Pots that are just the ticket at some time or another and this isn’t even adding what material the pipe is made from, cheers.

banjo

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I'm partial to a certain material than shape - Morta over all other. I love that I get a cool smoke every time.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Variety is the spice of life. Each of my pipes has been favored at one time, usually when new, with the exception of the odd dud. My momentary favorites are often liked to the specific blends I'm smoking at the time. I tend toward straight billiards but I also like: Canadians, Bent Bulldogs, Hungarians, Dublins, Bent Meers, etc.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I have 3 favorites. All 3 are Petersons.
Dublin Castle X105 (straight billiard)

Smooth system standard 303

Saint Patrick's Day 2016 408 (Peterson's version of the author shape)

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Part of what brought me to piping is my own "tactile" tendencies. I like different shape and feel in my fingers (same with Pens/Pencils, etc.)
I tend to favor stubbier (nose-warmers) pipes with what I describe as masculine dimensions. Two of my favorites are Rick Black Mortas that are shorter thicker pipes. But I also love the Sav/Rossi 320 shape and yet still have some traditional billiards (prize is my birth year Dunhill).
Speaking of Birth Year Dunhills... anthonyrosenthal74... get yours yet? :rofl:

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I have 4 MM Bent Rob Roy's and I use one of them everyday, so I must like this shape a lot.

Of my briars, I like the classic shapes, mostly if they have a saddle bit.

The current favorite is my recently purchased Briar Works Bent Pot.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
No doubt about it, the Sav 320 shape which I have in the Rossi line. It's also the lowest amount of money I ever paid for a new pipe which wasn't a basket pipe.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
My Giant Bang that Mike personalized for me for my Naval service, Birthstone under the shank, smokes good, relaxes me, just an A O K pipe.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I needed a pipe for walking the new dog that was a clencher and didn't gurgle when I smoked baccy that made my mouth water. Enter the Savinelli Dry System. Bent for clenching, P-Lip to minimize saliva gurgle and the blasa filter for the other end. The first pipe worked liked a dream so I just pick up the second a few days ago.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I did the same thing (see my post above), and later got my third one, the mate to your second picture.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
This one is a hard one so I had to break it down into three different categories.
Cob: MM Cobbit Shire. The feel and bulkiness of the cob makes it a real good smoker for a long period of time that I mainly use on Saturday mornings.

Briar: Savinelli unfinished bent. Unsure of the shape number but this was the first pipe that I had purchased 12 years ago and it was simply love at first puff. Nothing to spectacular just a good smoker and plan on getting more like it in different shapes.

Other Wood: MM Ozarks. I have two of them and use them everyday when working in the shop or if just taking a break from yard work. Once it is broken in down where the shank enters the bowl you get a great smoke everyday no matter what type of tobacco you put into it. I have tried flakes, coins, ribbon and the occasional shag and they all smoke great it in. The bit is a little cheap but hey its only $.59 to replace if I happen to mess it up on the shop which is a winner on my part.
That's really my take on them so far but the collection is ever growing so it could change here in the next couple months. Who knows. :puffpipe:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My second "decent" pipe was a Stanwell 185.
It has become the preferred relaxation pipe. I dedicated it to VaPer ribbon blends and it never fails to place me into the preferred coma-like state. I think I'll load it with some Russ O SV-23 now... :puffy:
pipe.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
@panamacharlie
I did the same thing (see my post above), and later got my third one, the mate to your second picture.
Yeah I saw your post and realized I'm not the only one who likes these. The Dublin is a great smoker. I forgot how much I like the conical shaped bowls.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
I greatly prefer straight pipes. The billiard is my favorite shape, particularly saddle stems, followed by the pot. I like both smooth and rusticated finishes, but own no sandblasts.
That said, I smoke corn cobs at least two thirds of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.