Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinginquirer

Nov 12, 2017
At first, I didn't think I would be the kind of person that favors a particular type of pipe. I seemed to be drawn to all types, even if my wallet couldn't handle it. For sure, I was gathering a collection of tobacco, because it seemed to me that would be the area in which my sensitivities would be displayed. However, I'm finding out that, in fact, I seem to like many different tobaccos, and I prefer churchwarden pipes with a Dublin or calabash-style bowl. The smoke, the feel both in hand and in the mouth, and general appeal all seem greater to me in the form of a churchwarden.

Are you partial to a pipe? What kind and why?

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Squashed tomato, with bent stem. They tend to be light, and for some unstateable reason I love the shape. Been trying to get more from our favorite eBay sellers, when they pop up.

saltedplug

Preferred Member
Jul 24, 2016
A Millville flame grain Dublin and a Jobey saddle rusticated with a wire brush, both of which are about 35g, a delight to clench and the veterans of years of Dark Flake consumption; without doubt my favorites over a half-dozen of higher pedigree that never overthrew these two.

mikefu

Preferred Member
Mar 28, 2018
Colorado Springs
I really like my Savinelli 310 rusticated poker. It smokes great, feels light but substantial in the hand, is grippy, and I can set it down whenever I want without a stand.

josephcross

Preferred Member
Dec 30, 2015
I really like apples and princes. I recently bought a Dunhill 4407 and have really fallen for the shape. I also have a Savinelli 207 and it smokes great every time. The best part is with both of those pipes is that I can put them down and they sit just fine.

thomasw

Preferred Member
Dec 5, 2016
Wow, Weez, "meervolous." My favourite pipe has been with me a long time. It is a lower end Cavicchi C grade smooth dublin. It has been there through many soothing and cool smokes.

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
I hate questions like these, as they force me to choose. And that's just not fair to my other pipes.... hurts their feelings.
Honestly it's hard for me to choose. I have quite a few pipes of different shapes and brands that I'm quite fond of. If I absolutely had to choose, it would be a handful of pipes including a William Anderson I commissioned, my very first Peterson, my very first Nording, another Peterson (a 106 Rosslare Royal Irish I spent the better part of a year hunting down), a grade 13 Nording (It was my first high grade Nording gifted to me by Peck some time ago... thanks again, Peck!), and perhaps my first Savinelli 320, a Marte.
And now I feel bad, because all the pipes I didn't mention are just sitting there... on the rack... doing nothing... like they're pouting or something. They're very sensitive.

bosmer

Jun 27, 2017
If I could choose one shape it would be a bent bulldog with either sandblast or rustication. Unfortunately it would seem that the blends I smoke get to call the shots when it comes to choosing which pipe to smoke.

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Whichever one I'm smoking! :mrgreen:

It was my Savinelli 645 bent apple short pipe, and my Strambach bent billiard Meerschaum pipe; however, I recently acquired an H. Cor Hawkbill Meerschaum and a Savinelli 141 KS Fiammata and I love both of those. I think my favorites may be changing.

warren

Preferred Member
Sep 13, 2013
Conservative bowl, bent to some degree with great fit and finish. A bit of silver is preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.