PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Just finished a full-on Celtic moment. Listened to an archived Celtic Connections radio program while drinking an Irish breakfast blend tea and smoking a Scottish style tobacco blend in a Peterson Kinsale. :puffpipe:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Doobie Brothers concert at Santa Barbara concert. I long dismissed them as only pop, but now I find a multi-layered complexity as well, rendering a consistently ebullient tone.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
An achingly beautiful, live performance of "Autumn Leaves" by Eva Cassidy.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/xXBNlApwh0c

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not playing any recordings but can't help singing a few bars, now and then, from John Prine's "Dear Abbey." "You are what you are, and you ain't what you ain't."

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I loved this when it came out............. I was a 16 years old farm kid, living in central Ohio........ Let me tell you, we never saw such crazy shit back then, we thought this was the cat's ass............ you know, I still think it's the cat's ass....... Good Stuff!.......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jShMQw2H2cM

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
^^Peeps............. My Dad was big into Merle Haggard, Bob Dylan, and Johnny Cash, my Mom was more into Elton John and Neil Diamond, Chicago, etc...... When my brother and I saw this, it was life changing............ gotta remember this was back in no internet days.... life was good.......... :puffy:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
^^ these vids are kinda promos......... I don't think they'll stay on YT very long....... enjoy them why you can, or just help out old Bob, and buy the album........ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.