PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
^ Great song from a great debut album...from one of our most gifted and literate lyricists.
And an album that only got made because a secretary retrieved Browne's demos from the trash where David Geffen had tossed them.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Listening to the music of Louis Moreau Gottschalk, one of America's first great composers, born in New Orleans, in 1829.

Here's the concluding movement of his Symphony, A Night In The Tropics, called "Fiesta Criolla" in a wonderful live performance.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/IJs3gO6BX9A

Dec 28, 2015
Emerson Lake and Palmer live at Pocono International Raceway 8th July 1972 on vinyl with a bowl of F&T Blackjack in Tom Eltang poker.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Been listening to my Erroll Garner LPs tonight. I found this terrific live clip of Erroll doing "Honeysuckle Rose" live in London, in 1964, with Eddie Calhoun on bass and Kelly Martin on drums. I was lucky enough to see him perform, every time he was in Chicago, in the 60s and 70s. Met and talked with him the last time he played Chicago, sometime in the mid 70s.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/VtQpFzu-unE

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
A Bank holiday in the UK.

Bright and sunny.

I am sat on the back step listening to Jim Reeves before I take the dog out.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
my older son took my mp3 player. it sounds better than apple. don't really listen to music now days unless i'm driving. and since i listen to local classic rock station, you can bet it's either pink floyd or led zepplin.

Status
Not open for further replies.