Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite happy this year; A Peterson Arklow XL26 and generous amounts of some of my favorite blends.
arklow%20xl26%20and%20tobacco.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I got a pipe that's a little different type for me. I don't usually go for freehands but when I showed my wife this Larry Comeaux, she said it was beautiful and that I should get it for Christmas. I'd heard the name before, so I did some research and found out he was from my neck of the woods having lived in Memphis. Sadly he passed away a few years ago, but he was a pipe maker of some renown. This pipe is stamped with Comeaux in script, an S, three As, and 10-04. I would think that the 10-04 is referring to the date it was made, but I'm not sure about the other letters. It's not a huge pipe which suits me fine, and is really comfortable to smoke. My wife really never buys me pipes, but she never discourages me from buying them either. :mrgreen:
img_0071-600x274.jpg

img_0070-600x295.jpg

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
My Friki Baki Picasso Cubeist Poker arrived today, its bigger than I thought which is a good thing, letting it warm up, its cold down in the South. Gonna everclear it later tonight and smoke a toast to Mr Fred Bass who owned it. :puffy:

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I got absolutely nothing pipe or tobacco related for Christmas. That's okay, though. I took care of myself pretty well in November and December! Five Sasieni family era pipes. Merry Christmas to me!

Photo posted elsewhere, as well. Sorry if I'm boring you all with repetition, but I just LOVE these pipes!

ry2qBrD.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Nothing from Santa yesterday but I've spent about $1000.00 this year on pipes and tobacco this year, so I'm good with that.

pinem

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2015
Nebraska
My wife gave me a pipe for Christmas (a first!), a Radice silk cut in a hawkbill/bullcap shape of sorts. Pics at the link: https://www.alpascia.com/pipes/d/radice-426-i40973.html
Just smoked my first bowl (of Solani VA Flake), and it smoked like a champ. Radice continues to impress.
A tip for those who have partners that are willing to be enablers, but don't have the knowledge to know what to give. Set up a Pinterest account and create a board with links to the pipes you find online that float your boat. You can then share the board with your partner and let them choose which one to get. That way, you still get to be surprised by their choice, but are also guaranteed to get something you like. You do have to check the links every so often to delete the pins for pipes that sold. Or you can keep them, to remember the ones that got away.

fatbob

Lurker
Jun 30, 2016
I get to extend my Christmas Eve anticipation every 2 years when my wife goes "home" for Christmas. She has family in Kiel, Germany and always brings me a goody bag from Motzek. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to come home. And no, that's not why I married her.

Status
Not open for further replies.