PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
First of all I haven't tasted that many. I'm no conoisseur. But I was in love with cigars for some time.
Continuing, my favorite cigar brand of all times is Montecristo. It's so great that you can celebrate many occasions smoking it. It's fucking special.

montecristo-80thaniversairo-single-500px-01.jpg

My favourite national (Brazilian) cigar brand is the most traditional and internationally recognized one, Dannemann. Robustos, Panatelas (which are being extincted unfortunately) etc. In europe they have a enormous variety of cigars of this brand. It's marketing is more intended to the international audience. Here are some:

2012-thickbox_default.jpg

I also like Cohiba (of course), and like some others but they don't rank amongst my favorites.
Now post yours! :D
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I knew you were a cigar guy. I was going to suggest cigars since you seemed to be hitting a lot of speed bumps in the pipe world. You can even smoke a cigar in a pipe if you can't choose...

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
lol I won't be quitting pipes, thoses are nice challenges...
Once I get my Savinelli and my lighter, things will get better!
But I am curious now... How do you smoke a cigar in a pipe? :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not much of cigar guy here. I started with Hav'a'Tampa, those little cigars with wooden bits. I was a student; they were cheap; and they fit the break time i had to work with, so though they were a basic cigar, they met my needs. When I'd smoke the occasional cigar on business travel, I liked Dominicans in general and more than the Cubans I encountered. Sweeter, fuller bodied, better produced.

Reactions: BROBS

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
I go for smaller Cuban cigars . Partagas , Romeo Juliet . I know cohibas too , but they tend to get oily and thick about halfway .
There was one my buddy picked up last visit to Cuba , he asked his cab driver when they were in Havana , so he knew a guy who knew a guy and he picked up some ..ahem.. factory seconds which somehow got lost ... .. sheeeesh ... cough ...
Best damn cigars ever , smallish , yellow wooden box , gov label , other than that I can't recall the name ..

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Not going to list Cubans or Fuente since they are the cream de la cream imo
Of the other cigars, I can make a case for Tattoo Pete's company. Dude knows how to blend. If you like Cubans, you will love Tatuaje. The smaller ring gauges (noellas) are beyond special and not crazy expensive. I will put them up against a Cuban Monte Cristo, Partagas or Upman any day of the week.

TJE-01-020A-7PK__48262.1516641267.jpg

Reactions: odobenus

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Don't really smoke cigars much anymore, but my favorites were the Hoyo de Monterrey double coronas and the La Flor de Cano Rothschilds (which are no longer being made). Late 20th century Cuban, when they were still good.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Im a Cameroon guy so I love the Fuente Don Carlos line. Partagas always scratches that itch too.
Ive had a few non-cameroon wrapped stogies in the past couple months that were quite good but now I cant recall what they were!

groovediggerdan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2017
Possum Trot, MO
HdM Excalibur is my usual go to, but man I love Padrons. Just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a box. Honorable mention: La Gloria Cubana, but as of late they've had construction issues, IMO.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Oliva Reserves are my preferred brand when I decide to smoke a cigar. I dont think I have any left in my humidor though, I just prefer my pipe.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
DP Garcia's "My Fathers" line is also excellent. Their cedar longsdale is a fantastic smoke.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Mine's a little firecracker. Man O' War Puro Authentico. It's a corona that was AJ Fernandez' personal cigar that became part of the Man O' War brand. Very bold. Of course, I would never refuse an Oliva Serie V.
Russ

Reactions: odobenus

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I rarely smoke cigars anymore, but when I did I had many favorites. But the one I seemed to go for the most was Rocky Patel's The Edge with the Connecticut wrapper. I like the Fuente Hemingways too, as well as the Padron 1926.
I did like a Montecristo from time to time.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
If you guys are from Europe, don't hesitate to buy Dannemanns.
I don't know if they're steadily avaiable in the USA, but most things are steadily avaiable in the USA, so...
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.