PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
So about a month ago, I learned that C&D's previous location was in Morganton North Carolina. I was shocked, as this had been my hometown for 18 years! When looking up the previous location, I was even more shocked when I learned it was literally a 1 minute drive from my home. No joke. I wouldn't lie. Literally, a 1 minute drive.
So now I have developed a fascination with the tobacconist that was literally in my own backyard. Any suggestions on what all blends to try? What are you favorites? What are must trys? Thanks!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
They have an upscale brand, Low Country, and Cooper is a blend not to be missed. I also like Sunday Picnic which is a C&D blend.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I you kidding? My favorite? Man they have tons I love, I'll mention some favs .
Habana Daydream - strong diverse cigar blend

Purple Cow - Well balanced cigar blend not as much lat as billy Budd but more consistant than Habana

Autumn Evening - Great aro with big taste and tobacco to back it up

Billy Budd - smooth lat bomb with cigar leaf

Engine99 - great full flavor english

Star of the East - another solid english

Black and Gold Maple - traditional maple blend but with more flavor both in tobacco and topping, dry and no bite
Key Largo - The penzance of cigar blends IMHO
And they do G.L.Pease blends so count Key Largo as well.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
The G.L. Pease line they do is definitely worth checking/trying out. Impeccable smokes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Billy Budd, with Old Joe Krantz running close second.
I was with my wife in Morganton, N.C., when C&D was located there, and I asked two of the residents where they were located, and neither had ever heard of them. They were guys, adults, likely not pipe smokers, but they didn't know C&D was there.

noquarter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 18, 2015
Engine 99, Star of the East, Biilly Budd,Three Friars, and of course one of my favorities the Dark Burley.

Dark Burley may not be for everybody but I tend to like it.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Old Joe Krantz, no question. I really wouldn't recommend it for beginners, I would have hated it when I was first starting out. Ya never know though. It's my everyday, several times a day smoke.

I also really love;
Billy Bud

Epiphany

Morely's Best

Engine 99

Haunted Bookshop (in a blind test, I wouldn't be able to tell this from OJK)

Big n' Burley

Bayou Morning
I'm still new to the house actually, as I didn't like them at all in my younger years and I really think their main clientele are the more experienced pipe smoker. They are the king of Burley!

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Of the actual C&D branded tobaccos, the only one I cellar is Briar Fox. Now if we're adding in the G.L. Pease blends, then add Navigator and Sextant as well.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I've got a tin of Oak Alley in the cellar and on the tin it states that I'll have to wait 10 - 15 years before I can try it.
I'll get back to you one this one if I live long enough to try it!

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
Bayou Morning is my everyday smoke. I also like Exclusive, Exhausted Rooster, and Old Joe Krantz.

Status
Not open for further replies.