What Is the Single Most Special Blend, or Tin, in Your Stash?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
I have a couple. I first started smoking a pipe in 2006, the year my twin girls were born. My first nonaromatic tobacco came from SP. It was a sampler log of tins from C & D. I bought it because one of the tins was Bailey's Front Porch and one of my girls names is Bailey. I smoked all of the tins in the sampler except a tin of Yale Mixture which I'm keeping. (Man that sucker has swelled up) I'm sure I'll pop it at some point, but it marks the year my girls were born and the year I started smoking the pipe. I also acquired a few tins of Bailey's Front Porch from Pipestud that were dated 2006 for the same reason.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I have an old 1940's cutter top tin of my all-time favorite tobacco, Dunhill London made Royal Yacht. I fess up to the fact that I smoked all the tobacco in a matter of weeks but I did keep the tin. Does that count? :(

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
I've got a couple of the Squadron Leader with Perique tins. Not particularly sentimental about them, but they're cool. Never smoked any and probably never will. Just something to pass down to my kids some day.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I do have 3 unopened Black Frigate shoe polish style tins that are pretty 2000's, but consider them to be more decoration than anything.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Nice story Jesse. I had to think about this for a while as I do have a number of aged tins. I have one each of 1997 Orlik Golden and Dark Strong Kentucky 100 gram tins. They represent my foray into flakes and 98 percent of my cellar is flakes.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I've got about 6oz left of pipeinhand's "Halfling's Leaf" blend. It's the only aromatic in my collection, and the most popular blend amongst my family & friends. I only smoke it when I know I'll be around a campfire with them, and so it has become associated with friends, family, and good times.
Considering it was pretty much a forum blend, and he's stopped making it, I will be sad when it's all gone.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Since my first tamp in June, I've been working slow and steady to begin a "respectable" cellar.
The most anticipated is a 100 gram tin of Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd from 2013. It's a bit swollen and it calls my name every so often.
It's the only Rattray's I've ever owned and I've never tried it, but I somehow have 3 periques open right now, so not just yet....
jay-roger.jpg

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I have two of the large Bell's 3 Nuns tins (late '80s early '90s) and one tin of Bengal Slices from about the same time. They were the first tinned tobaccos I ever smoked. I'm saving both for Christmas smokes with friend Richard, the pipe manager at the Gatlin-Burlier who was my pipe mentor. Neither of us can bring ourselves to crack them, and keep putting it off until "maybe next Christmas."

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Every plug of Condor that I can get my hands on is precious to me! I have a (ahem) few, but I still find myself rationing it. The last breath I draw I want to be this!!!! :puffy:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have a box of unopened original War Horse Bars from the 1930/50s containing 16 perfectly preserved War Horse Plugs from heaven knows when that I will only open and smoke when Weezell comes over for the weekend!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
^^ God Bless My Brother!!! We need to make that happen come spring... :worship:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Nice story, Jesse. I guess my most revered tobacco is a half pound of Penzance that's somewhere between 20 and 30 years old. Unopened, looks moist, looks good, but don't know if I'll smoke it or trade it.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
A tin of Esoterica And So To Bed I got during a visit to Iwan Ries with my brother several years ago. Nothing special except the memories.

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
Bohemian Scandal, one tin and a 1970’s Rattray’s Old Gowrie. I have about two bowls each of Early 70’s Marlin Flake and Howl O the Wind.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
edwinbaz - I also decided to put away a tin after our daughter was born last summer, to save for a special occasion. It was also a tin of Davidoff Flake Medallions.
Planning to do an exploration of coins this spring or summer, so I'll have to order another tin to crack.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I have a tin of 1995 Christmas Cheer...sounds like some good 22year old Virginia just waiting to be opened

Status
Not open for further replies.