PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I was just reviewing my cellar and since I started last 08/2014 and hit it hard, 54% of my tobacco is at least 1 year old and by next year when I retire 75% will be 2 years or older. I am looking good for some nice retirement pipe smoking.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I lost track. lol
I started out keeping track but then it all went to hell.
I would have to say the bulk is 2 to 5 years.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Well some of the bones down there are ready to be turned into pipes right now. The ones I want to grind down and smoke, need another few years on them.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
25% of mine is a little under two years old. Purchased a large amount of plug/cake tobacco in tins and a truck load of H&H signatures 8oz tins this year.
To be honest I think I purchased way too many aromatics for the cellar this year.
That's ok though, gives me the opportunity to get excited about next year's Vaginia plugs and Black frigate PAD. YAHOOO!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Almost all my leaf is around a year old. A few tins are a little older and a few are a little younger. :puffy:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
15% over 3 years old

46% over 2 years old

28% over 1 year old

What's left is younger. Clearly my cellaring has slowed down...

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Why has peck not chimed in? My start of a cellar is 3 pouches captain black and an oz of stonehaven courtesy of sablebrush, average age of 6 months.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Most of my tobacco is well under a year old...Except for a few tins of "vintage" tobacco to help bump up my average... so on average I'd say perhaps 1.2yrs :(
We making a betting pool on Pecks inventory? I hope someday to be able to refer my cellar is "inventory" and have a barcode scanner to track it and it's age :)

Status
Not open for further replies.