Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I have decided to spend my time with my grandkids and my grandson in particular. We are learning outdoor skills. That is why I am chasing tobacco tins, to make 'kits' for fire building and such.
Watch this video if you need to relax. This fellow lives in Denmark. He smokes Orlik Golden Sliced tobacco. This is what will be happening here come spring. Walks in the woods with my grandson...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kwsZOzv9go
Oh, I found Tim Pollock alive and well at Buchcraftusa.com

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Cool video, he’s got skills with that flint. I’d love to see pics of your fire kits that you make outta tins.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Grandkids are kids with much less pressure. They benefit from both the family history and other stories, and from close trusted adults who are more relaxed than their folks can be. I was lucky to know all four grandparents and had special closeness with my dad's mother and my mom's dad. Their expressions, jokes and knowledge still ring in my ears, often unexpectedly. Have fun with those grandkids; they'll never forget it.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
If it's bushcraft your interested then you can't do much better than getting hold of Ray Mears' shows he did for the BBC. There have been many different series that he has done and I'm sure the DVD's are pretty easy to obtain. I have always fancied spending a week at his Woodlore/bushcraft school here in the UK.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Nevadablue, I wish I lived closer to my grand daughter. I don't get to see her much. Maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Count yourself lucky to be close to them.
Thanks for posting the video.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Thanks everyone!
I was lucky enough to have had all 4 grandparents to remember. I was 12 or so when I lost the last grandpa and my mom's mom lived to 90 something. Unfortunately we moved far away and I didn't see her much.
Frank, I know what you mean. We just moved so we could be closer to the kids and grandkids and doctors. Now we get to see them every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.