PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Man, that was a BIG disappointment! I was glad the Seahawks made it, but I was rooting for my boy Peyton and the Broncos to win. The Broncos didn't look like the same team out there tonight! They shot theirselves in the foot from the start! I honestly figured it would be a lot closer than that!
It sucks that they lost, but I do congratulate the Seahawks on playing a hell of a game and winning the game.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I agree, this was one of the lousiest super bowls I've watched in a long time. I didn't have a vested interest in either team, just wanted to see a good game. but it was almost like watching a high school game at times. Even the ads were kind of a let down this year. All the games leading up to this were more interesting to me, but that's just my opinion. But I did have a nice short smoke at half time! :roll:

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Definitely one of the most lopsided Super Bowls I've seen in years. The Seahawks played a phenomenal game on both offense and defense. The Broncos just never seemed to get it together and the mistakes, turn-overs, and penalties killed them.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I agree, I couldn't have cared less about this game. It seemed to me like the Seahawks were playing to win and the Broncos weren't. Also, the Seahawk defence was absolutely outstanding.

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
I had it all laid out early, the meal, the snacks, the drinks, the big screen just waiting for the big game to begin…..sadly it never did. Denver was outplayed on all fronts. I had a feeling the Seakhawks had the advantage but that was the worst Super Bowl in a while. I even delayed the start with the DVR so I could skip the halftime bs, but it did me no good, it was almost better than the game lol.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
It was an blowout game, but it is also a great relief for many of us Seahawk fans.

~Ron

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I loved every minute of it. The Seahawks came to play, the Broncos....not so much.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Manning was voted MVP in the league and he could only muster 8 points in the bigest game of the year,,Figure that out if you can.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I wanted Peyton to win in Eli's new house. I guess that is why we play the game. Any given Sunday.

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
The complaint about Tebow was that you couldn't win football games with that style of play. Here we have the seahawks and the 49ers playing that style of play.
Kind of makes me miss tebow.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
If Tebow were any good, he wouldn't have been unemployed this past season. Especially, with the number of injuries to starting QB's.
I really wanted to see Peyton win another SB, but the best 4 teams this season were all in the NFC.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I was pulling for Peyton too, and with those offensive weapons, I couldn't see how it wouldn't have been a better game, but like they say Defense wins Championships and the Seahawks came to play..,congrats to all the Seahawks fans....as we say in New Orleans..."there's always next year"

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I actually thought it was a highly entertaining game, despite the lopsided scoring. I couldn't have cared less who won -- but since Denver was favored to take it, I thought it was fascinating to see how they crumbled. Who knows what would have happened if that very first Broncos snap hadn't resulted in a score for the Seahawks? But then the interceptions -- which, I believe, resulted in scores each time -- and going into halftime 22 to 0. . . well, I think that it turned what was a game-play issue for the Broncos into a psychological issue. Apart from one string of plays in the fourth quarter, where they were able to make good, quick progress down the field, they had virtually no defense and no tackling.
I think they were so much in the "we're winning this one" mindset that they were helpless to recover when things immediately started going the other way. I mean, if you look at a season-long tally of the worst situations the Broncos had been in, their Super Bowl performance would be the nadir. They actually never played worse all season than they did in the Super Bowl, the game where it mattered the most.
For me, the only part of the event that was less-than-entertaining was Bruno Mars's performance. He was okay. Just not bowled over by someone who copies James Brown and seems to expect us to all be impressed. For me, the only spark of originality came with the Red Hot Chili Peppers showed up.
Bob

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
The game was a dissapointment for me, but being an old codger Bruno Mars was ok, at least he didn't take off his clothes, do the Bayounce hunch and is a decent singer, don't know who does these shows but they are not for Middle America.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
+1 Brad. I was just telling my wife I'd like to see some Bluegrass and/or Tex/La cajun music for a change at half-time. I know it will never happen, but it would do my heart good. I don't even watch these new-fangled "musicians" anymore. I'd rather take the time to get another glass of iced tea and go to the bathroom.
-Old Codger In Training :puffy:

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/02/peyton-manning-the-sad-face-of-super-bowl-xlviii/283528/
I though this a good read on yesterday's game.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I too, had no dog in the fight but expected a far better performance from the Broncos, Seahawks had a far better game plan and executed it so well that the Broncos could not off their collective sorry asses at all. Professional is not a word that applied to them at all. Horrible game.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
[/quote]I was rooting for the Seahawks but I actually thought Denver would win.
+1 Sam
I was stunned that the Broncos couldn't pull it together, and actually cheered when they scored, even though I'm a Seahawks fan.
At half time we turned the channel to watch the Spruce Goose fly in the "Aviator", and missed a great run and score, but we were reassured that Howard Hughes knew what he was doing . . .
Except for the Budwiser commercials, the rest were a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.