What Do You With the Tobacco That You Don't Like?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenssenkuek23

Lurker
Jul 12, 2017
What do you with the tobacco that you don't like? Do you guys throw it away or mix it with the tobacco you like? :)

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
On rare occasions (when I think it will add something positive) I will mix it. Generally I give it away or save it until I am desperate.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Tom: your order for cube cut perique and skunkbutt is on its way.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
I think I've posted this before but I've traded off the one's I don't care for, usually for an English or a Balkan.
The one exception is a bag of 4Aces. That stuff was awful. It's now in a landfill 8)

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Only happened once in 50+ years. I tossed it. With blends I pretty well know what I'm getting when I order a tin. Jim keeps me on track and I trust his judgement. So, when I do order something new, I pretty much now I'm gonna enjoy it.
Now Jim... about that skunkbutted perique?

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I stay away from tobaccos that have poor ratings - I have been using this tobaccoreview.com site for a while, and the feedback offered over there is pretty helpful. If I read a review of a tobacco that does not sit well with my taste I just don't buy it. This being said I rarely have unsmokeable tobacco ... should the case arise, I either gift it or mix it in my large all scraps jar. One day I may try that chaotic home made blend a try ...

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I've got a few McClelland straight Virginias that I find lacking in flavour so I will occasionally mix them with something like for example #2015 VaPer, something like a 20/80 mix. I don't find that it diminishes the #2015 (or whatever I mix it with) at all but it uses up tobacco that I wouldn't normally smoke.
I did this with Beacon Extra and Christmas Cheer at a 50/50 ratio and the results were splendid. It took off the sharp edges of the BE and really smoothed it out.
Regards,
Jay.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Jensen if you are newish to pipe smoking, your taste will both change and become more sophisticated for years. That is why you should just jar it and try it again down the road sometime.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I take mine to my local pipe club's "tobacco bar" at our monthly meetings. You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

Mar 1, 2014
Smoking Frosty Mint makes me think of a cake that's mostly made of icing. The first half is a blast but it goes sour quickly, usually I toss the last third of a bowl.
The First Third is Minty, and the second third is primarily just sweet, then it takes on a bitter flavor near the end (as with many Aromatics, but the effect may be exaggerated here because of the extreme lack of natural flavor).

Status
Not open for further replies.