PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianmonk

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2015
I personally love how candy gets a different flavour when I smoke. Already eating a lot of candy regardless, so smoking only makes it more interesting.
5ZUcxRX.jpg

When I smoke a heavy nicotine bomb, like Nightcap, Cotton Boll, or Picayune, I like to have those nibbler sized chocolates next to my chair. The nicotine makes your sugar drop and that's what causes most of the lightheaded-ness. So, when I smoke one of those, I will nibble on a small Hershey bar or something like it. Sometimes in the dead of winter I will also have a warm glass of apricot juice with a dash of cinnamon to accompany my smoke also.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I tend to smoke really wet (currently working on that) so I don't eat anything while I smoke, for fear of drooling. Haha

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
In light of the recent "Bacon To Be Classified As Dangerous..." thread I guess I'm going to have to give up my Piggy Pop Pork Rinds!

damianmonk

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2015
Well, WHO only revised previous research. We all knew bacon wasn't a 'health food.'
(I'M NOT GIVING UP MY BREAKFAST)

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I was shocked to discover how delicious a simple chocolate can be after a smoke. I don't generally eat anything during.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I don't usually eat while smoking. Just sip on water usually.
If I'm having a blend with a bit of kick to it nicotine wise I will make sure to have a snack/meal before having the bowl. Nothing routine about it though, just something to absorb the punch of lady N.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Smoking a pipe is not reserved as a special moment in my day. If it's time to eat I eat. Time to work? I works. With evening pipes I sometimes look forward to glass of something but I'm done eating by that time. Oh! Oh! Forgot popcorn or possibly a bit of ice cream late in the evening if I get a craving. Still, no conscious pairing of snack and pipe.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Water, tea, coffee in that order of frequency. I smoke pretty much all day, so eating along with that would be dangerous to my health! Or at least appearance and fitting of clothes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Solid food and pipe smoke don't pair well for me. They are separate pleasures. I grew up eating three big meals a day and never snacked much. In boot camp, this was a plus because hoarding snacks in your clothes was considered a big breach of discipline. Now I am under commandments to eat regular snacks to avoid diabetes, healthful snacks. I like beverages with a pipe, but more tea hot or cold, occasionally bourbon, water. Not so much coffee, beer, or milk which I find coat my mouth too much. But boy, this is so much a personal thing. One man's delight is another man's (woman's) misery.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
I used to suck on root beer barrels simply to cover the spot that would get tongue bite while smoking but I've stopped that because now I am a professional pipe smoker lol. ;D

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I smoke instead of snacking. And if I get a huge nicotine kick, I just hold onto something solid and howl into the wind like the feral beast I am. ;)

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I'm also in the camp of not enjoying eating when I smoke. I don't like extra salivation, and I feel like bits of food just don't mix with the pipe. Also, even though I drink while smoking (water, tea, coffee, whiskey, beer, whatever) somehow I feel like drinks cleanse the palate and add to the tobacco flavor, while eating somehow takes away. Probably just a personal feeling but, there you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.