What Do You Like To Drink When You Smoke Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taztime

Might Stick Around
May 15, 2013
Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhI8e5zPkJU
Here's a question for you.

"What do you like to drink when you smoke your pipe.

Me,- I like coffee or tea. So with that in mind post what you drink - - or anything

you think we might like to hear about your pipe smoking experiences.
- - taztime :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Like others, I often drink what I happen to be having -- tea hot and cold, coffee (with milk in my case), wine,

bourbon, ice water, etc. In terms of what goes best with a tobacco pipe, I think hot tea sets off most tobacco

best. Cold drinks tend to dampen some of the range of flavors you get with a pipe. Coffee can smother pipe

flavors, although it is comforting and bracing in the morning. I don't get picky, as mentioned above. But if

I am choosing a beverage by design, hot black or green tea with no cream/milk or sugar, seems to be ideal

to background a pipe smoke. I don't do artificial sweeteners ever; their flavor comes across to me more like

a chemical factory than a sweetness.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Favorites: Water, coffee, whiskey/scotch/vodka drinks or on the rocks, beer and wine. In that order.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Guiness,Guinness, and more Guinness. Also drink alot of water or Ice Tea little too no sugar

bigriggers01

Might Stick Around
Nov 4, 2012
I always have a coffee with my morning bowl of EMP but anything after noon is accompanied by a pint (in an ideal world).

reepicheep

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
Coffee, and Burbon have always been my drink of choice, but I'm going to try Cream Soda now. I like it on its own, and since so many like it with the pipe it must be worth a try.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
There are only five things I drink when smoking a pipe, depending on the season and the time of day:
English tea with milk and sugar

Coffee with cream and sugar

A hoppy IPA

Jack Daniels Honey

Good tawny Port.
These combinations, to me at least, are perfect.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Just tried something on a whim and really liked it...a good quality ginger beer. Really set off the tobacco flavor and cleansed the palate like nothing I've tried before.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
+1 sothron..... I too drink Jack Daniels Honey when I'm smoking. In the morning I drink coffee with creamer.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Sweet Tea!
Lipton if possible, but Trade Winds is more convenient.
Diet Cola gives me tongue bite.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Coffee, whiskey, tea, and water probably in that order. If it were to be beer then anything that is lower on the hops scale.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Coffee in the morning, Luzianne de caf Iced tea the rest of the day and night unless I am having drinks which is usually Tito Vodka with diet tonic and a splash of Cranberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.