What Do You Like To Drink When You Smoke Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Usually coffee or water. Although I had some bourbon with some Thanksgiving day recently and it was very nice.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
I've found that coffee overwhelms the taste of tobacco in my case.
Water, on the other hand, clears the palate.
Scotch makes everything great.
And I have yet to try bourbon and rum. What do you guys think about rum?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I typically will have coffee, black, with something like a latakia in the mornings. Likewise, I like dark beers like porters or stouts with my latakia and strong blends in the evening. I like drinking bourbon, but I tend to enjoy the taste of the bourbon on it's own, without the mingling of my tobacco. During the rest of the day, it'll likely be water or tea and bergs.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I've been enjoying my pipe with a nice big mug of toasty green tea the last couple evenings as I study for final exams. The tea went great with PS Cubecut in a cob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't make a point of pairing, but if I did, here are a few ideas. With heavy red wines, full-strength English. With Virginias, bourbon or white wine. With burley, IPA beer or black tea. Semois burley variant, black coffee. Ice water goes with most blends, but you have to time your sips so you don't freeze your taste buds. Cigar leaf might go nicely with some Scotch.

enrikon

Lurker
Dec 26, 2018
I smoke only after meals, and I like to accompany the smoke with a glass of red wine. If the smoke is prolonged beyond the expected, then I finish with a cup of coffee or - better - of barley. In summer we can get a beer instead of wine, better if double malt.

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Usually water or hot tea—green, black, herbal. Not really into sparkling water or bubbles in general on the tongue with the smoke.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
Around 80% of the time, good old tap water. Sometimes it'll be tea (green, oolong, or black), but I generally like something cool to give my tongue a break during the smoke.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Virginia Flake:

• Sweet Coffee (sugar)[/*]
English:

• Coke Zero[/*]
  • Dragon's Milk Stout[/*]
  • The Balvenie 12 Year Single Malt Scotch[/*]
  • Filtered H20[/*]
  • Sweet Tea[/*]
  • Cabernet Sauvignon[/*]

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I love drinking teas when I smoke. Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Jolly Smogo. I'm not a drinker so I don't do fancy beers, spirits or wines but I do find the best teas available and have become quite a connoisseur.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
morning - coffee and diet pepsi wild cherry

afternoon - diet pepsi wild cherry

evening - anything with alcohol after the smoke. with pipe, diet pepsi wild cherry
i like diet pepsi wild cherry. brings out the natural sweetness of the tobacco. and i'm in carolinas.

Status
Not open for further replies.