What Do You Like To Drink When You Smoke Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

96 Fresh Peterson Pipes
36 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
9 Fresh Winslow Pipes
12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Bourbon or scotch with my pipes is my preference. I like to pair them the way wine lovers pair wine and food. My favorite pairing to date is Gawith Full Virginia Flake and a pour of Laphroaig, or any Islay-style scotch of choice. I find that the dark sweet / fruity / slightly grassy Virginia pairs very well with the smoky peat of the scotch. I also find that bourbon and English blends pair well, with the sweetness of the bourbon complementing the smokiness of the English / latakia blend, kind of like a flavor reversal of the (sweet) FVF / (smoky) Islay scotch pairing.
I also enjoy smoking codger burley blends in a cob along with a beer, preferably a basic German lager like Hofbrau Haus original or Weihenstephaner. However, pretty much any beer will do. Budweiser, Miller Light, etc.
For the sake of my liver, I also pair my smokes often with coffee or tea.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
If it's warm, Ginger Beer or Virgil's Root Beer (or Henry's). If it's cool or evening, Assam Tea or Home-Roasted Coffee.
I love bourbons and a great port, but I do not drink alcohol while pipe smoking.
CW

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Earlier, had a 1/2 bowl of Chelsea Morning; delightful as usual. Currently drinking a cup of fantastic Lapsang Souchong tea. What a fall combo!
CW

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Some Cardhu with some Seven Seas Gold Blend. No big deal but good stuff for my taste.
No money for better scotches, but I hope to get some better smokes soon!
P.S.: too much ice this time... :cry:
44584882_886246724908010_2303462381855965184_n.jpg

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Coffee in the morning, beer any other time.

Dark and amber beers seem to go well with latakia blends and the lighter beers go well with everything else.

grumpybear

Lurker
Dec 30, 2017
West Columbia, S.C.
I usually drink black extra strong coffee in the morning with either a light Latakia or Virginia blend. At night I like Guiness with my Dark Fired Kentucky or some Kentucky Bourban Barrel Ale. A local grocery store carries a "Victorian Earl Gray" loose leaf tea that I am fond of with all blends when I am in the mood for tea. I have also been enjoying cider with my pipe as the weather cools off.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
Tea or especialy with natural tobaccos something sligthly sweet like fruit juice with water. Thoug nothing sparkling because from my experience, everything sparkling makes any case of tongue burn a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.