PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
This comes to mind as I smoke Haunted Bookshop with water...not all that pleasurable. I just switched to soda, that bit of syrup I think has enhanced it's flavor for me. Curious what you guys drink.

dcicero

Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Whisky yes, er Scotch specifically. I just remebered, I do like Laphroig with straight VA.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
a.m., coffee.
p.m., Irish coffee.
I like to keep things simple.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
Morning dark roast coffee. At night, black tea hopefully Darjeeling!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Coffee, water, hot tea, iced tea, diluted Gatorade mix, Emergen-C, random snooty beers in brown bottles, in roughly that descending order.
jay-roger.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Water most of the time as I am outside walking or in the car. I try to not smoke in the house. But coffee is nice as is tea.

charf

Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Black tea with milk usually (English style). I find that alcoholic beverages block the flavour of the tobacco. So I’m either smoking or drinking but neither at the same time. Unless it’s tea.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Seltzer and bergs with citrus or cran, coffee, tea, iced tea, Mexican or hippy soda pop with real sugar. Separately, as a rule.

davek

Mar 20, 2014
Most days of the week, water. When it's an adult beverage, it's homemade apple wine to go with the homegrown tobacco I normally smoke. I have heard that you can make a quick and dirty moonshine in small batches on your stovetop from the lees, bad batches, etc.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I usually have a tea or ice water with a pipe if it is just me. If I am over at my neighbours then it is a nice peaty scotch. You can't really miss- if it is enhancing your enjoyment of the smoke, then do it.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
I'm mostly a beer guy. I like Víking Rökkr/Gylltur, Einstök pale ale/white ale, Gull, Steðji, Kaldi, DAB, Bitburger, Paulaner, Pilsner Urquell, Murphy's or Kilkenny depending on the mood.

If it comes to stronger drinks, then Brennivín, Birkir or Irish whiskey - Bushmills, Paddy, Connemara, Jameson Black Barrel, Redbreast and the good old Tullamore Dew.

Pipe is the best with a cold beer I think.

okiepiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2019
Coffee or tea in the morning and daytime. Beer or bourbon in the evening. I don't drink water while smoking. I drink close to a gallon of water a day as it is, I don't want to drink it when enjoying a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.