PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Thanks Kevin, and thank You all for going with it. I was just sitting here and said what do the other Member do for work. Need $ for pipes and baccy. :puffy:

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i make tattoos for a living. scab vendor is what i prefer. i'm pretty lucky. i can move anywhere and make money and it has given me the freedom to live however i choose and work when i want. i make a lot of art as well. sometimes i take part in shows and sell some of the wares i create. i have also made some money off the pipes i have redone and rusticated to.

i like to say i am me for a living. it is what it is.

jar15a1

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
Army Public Affairs Officer currently in the Stan (read the news and i get quoted as ISAF spokesman). Military historian on the side. Have a couple articles Im working on getting published but finding it a challenging arena to break into. Will keep doing this Army gig til they kick me out.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I suppose I'll jump in.
I'm a Purchasing, Materials, and Inventory Control Manager.

Over the years I have personally spent more than $450 Million of other peoples money.

That's nearly $1 Million a week. The closest I have ever come to spending a Million in a single day (which I have done many times) is $999,999.96. My co-workers asked my why I didn't throw in a couple of more washers, and hit that magic mark... "Where's the fun in that? That would be a waste."
My experience includes purchasing everything from quarter penny washers, to multimillion dollar high-voltage transmission switch gear 8) , from gas-cans and peanut-butter to A-hmmm... ladies unmentionables. :oops:
To me parts is parts.

One of the most enjoyable and personally-satisfying aspects of a position such as mentioned above is; twisting the arms of vendors and squeezing that extra 2 or 3% out of them over already reduced pricing. :twisted:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I'm in a the Bovine Animal Husbandry business. My whole life I dreamed I was going to be a Navy SEAL but they told me my being afraid of the water "wasn't compatible with their objectives." Bastards. So now I help get cows pregnant. It requires a lot less candle light and Barry White music than one might imagine though I do like to dim the lights and play some smooth jazz to help set the mooooooooood.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Lawrence, when did you get your new job? :?:
haunted......you don't have to "align" things do you 8O , or do you just stand back and videotape?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Had an interview today, for better money than last time.

I was told I may have 4 purchasing agents under my thumb... Uh, direction.

One hurdle down, one or two more to go.

I don't even know what it is I'm going to be buying yet...

But..."Parts is Parts"... :D

And vendors are fair game.... :twisted:

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
Private venomous snake keeper. You've never had a coming to Jesus "wow" moment until you've had a Black Mamba or Taipan slither up the snake hook, up your arm, and around your neck and kiss you on the lips unexpectedly.....All that and remaining calm! Those species in general are reactionary snakes. If you freak out, the snake will freak out, then you might die.
Part time tobacco and pipe hoarder.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Business Analyst/Data Steward. I'm another one of those people who takes large amounts of data and creates reports so simple even an executive can understand it!
Smokinjoe, many years ago I was a Cyptologic Technician Interpretive (CTI) for the Navy. Basically, they taught me Mandarin and codes and stuff. Given your aptitude for language, I'm sure there are several elements of the government/military who would love to offer you some opportunities (I'm assuming you're American, but even if you're not I'm sure your home country could use a guy with your skills).
And the next time you're in the library, maybe check out a book on spelling and learn the difference between "by" and "buy". :)
Sorry, couldn't resist!

wheetree

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
Military Intelligence Analyst, US Army. Not as cool as it sounds.

Currently assigned as a platoon sergeant for advanced individual training.

3 more years until I can retire, but haven't decided what I want to do yet when I grow up, so I'll probably stick around until they kick my out.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
When I was in restaurant management the best fun was wheeling and dealing with the different food service reps. Got some fine deals . Didn't always get what I had set my sights on . But that's part of the game.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
hobie, he probably does the deed himself....
Don't be ridiculous. A man can't get a cow pregnant (though based off what many of the women visiting Americas theme parks look like, I could be wrong. Things have gotten positively Jurassic in middle America. What is it with Heifers and the need to wear spandex?) My buddy Edwin's job is to dress up like a female cow, get the bull excited and then catch his boys upon launch. From there, I take it and pour it in a turkey baster, get some lube and finish the job while talking softly to the ladies.

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
@haunted...you're the 2nd person I know of that does that for a living...

@Lawrence...my wife used to be the acct manager for a flight school...it was quite an eye opener the first time she had to write a check for 1.5 million :)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Do you at least by them dinner? :D
Personally; I appreciate that 12 oz. Medium Rare Ribeye steak I occasionally indulge in....
Thank you Haunted!

:clap:
Wannafly: I still remember signing my name on a PO over $1 Million the first time... But, I don't even remember what it was for.

CRS I suppose... Sometimes I can't even remember what I had for breakfast, the day-after yesterday. :)

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
im a college student i work with kids who have disabilities for two reasons one is because i love them and two because it pays the bills. im thinking about becoming a probation officer when school is finally done.

Status
Not open for further replies.