What Do You Do with All Your Empty Tins?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdunbar

Lurker
Dec 23, 2017
Arizona
I just started smoking tinned tobacco and wonder what you all do with your empty's.. I have all of two in my collection now with a few more on the way. :D
Pictures and suggestions would be appreciated!!
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I threw my first few year haul out in 2012. I tossed all of them (4 large trash bags worth) and I totally regret doing that so I have been saving them since. I store them in boxes out in the garage and plan on nailing them to the wall in my future man cave. I want all my walls to be covered in tobacco tins.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I save vintage tins, and some I think that might make it to that distinction in the future.
I will not be hoarding any of those half art-half nanny warning tins that you see from European outlets.
Over the years, I have tossed many of the older tins I had and wish I had them now.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Square tins...I've kept a few of the older ones.
Warning labels...I toss 'em.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Great question, jdunbar. I was wondering what other people did with theirs. As for me, I use a few as pellet and bb gun targets for my son and me. I throw the rest in a box and plan to keep them as long as I have space. I figure they'll be worth a few bucks in 40 years. I've also thought about attaching them to a wall some day if I get enough (like hawky454 said).

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
If anyone has any University Flake, Sillem's Commodore Flake, Dunhill Flake, Dunhill Dark Flake, or Irish Flake square tins, I'd love to have them. I the tins I have are round and I'd love to have the square ones.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The older ones I send to Philobeddoe as he seems to collect them any others get used as ashtrays and tins to put 'stuff' in that would normally clutter up your pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.