PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I smoke and think about the days events or future tasks. I can't seem to focus my mind without my pipe. On rare days, I may call an old college buddy and bull about the day. Pipe time is my time.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
"I typically just sit on my ass."

hehehe, that sums it pretty well uber (-:
Same as most, surfing the interweb, reading, watching movies.

The most active pursuit I engage while smoking is driving.
Contemplating my belly button is done sans smoke!

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I will watch TV half the time, when I decide to risk the fire alarm in my apartment building, all the rest of the time i go outside and watch. Sometimes when its too cold ill sit in my truck and listen to music.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
For me, it's easier to say what I don't do. :D
I never smoke when playing. I have always been the same. It just gets in the way too much and my concentration is totally aimed at the instrument, so therefore, smoking ceases to be enjoyable and becomes a nuisance at that time.
Rather like Mr Withnail, I often find that the best smoke of the day can occasionally happen during the final Pipe of the day, but this isn't set in stone. Sometimes it just happens...... no rhymne no reason.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Mostly, I read. Then again, I'm normally reading if I'm awake. I have a book a day addiction and I'm an unrepentant bibliophile. :D
Sometimes I'll play mahjong or talk to Shaun.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Setting on a bench out side in the afternoon, messing up a good

piece of wood trying to create a pipe. Sometimes watching 20 or so Dove feeding

15 feet in front of me, thinking if this was 50 yrs earlier they would make a good meal.

Joe

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
I smoke on my porch while sitting on the swing there. In fact one of the main reasons I started smoking a pipe was to get more time on that porch. I only smoke outside so I will see how it goes during the cold months. I also walk the garden and work on the chicken coop with pipe in tow.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Usually surfing the web (reading stuff) or watching TV/movie. I can do other things while smoking (I used to), but I've chosen not to. I realized that, for me (and this is just my opinion), if I'm doing chores, yard work, or whatever while I'm smoking, the tobacco becomes secondary or even tertiary to the task at hand. Sometimes that's not a bad thing, but I just made the decision that when I'm going to smoke, I want it to be about the tobacco, the pipe, and the experience. A premium blend is just wasted if turned to ash as an afterthought. I know some, maybe even many, will disagree, but as I said, this is just my opinion.
I couldn't have described my experiance and opinion any better (other than surfing the web).

Status
Not open for further replies.