PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
Automotive repair guy here, 35 years so far, Master Tech with L1 certification. Started pipe carving in November of 2017 as a hobby and it has progressed into a possible retirement from auto repair, my feets and back are getting pretty tired.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Tax geek. Former agent of the Internal Revenue Service and have also worked for various tax law firms and CPA firms. I now am on the side of the angels and represent people who have problems with the tax authorities.

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
My wife and I run a small guitar shop in Saint Paul, MN. vigguitarshop.com
Awesome. Next time I'm up in the cities I will try to stop by. I checked out your website. I too have made custom pickups in the past. I used my 3D printer to make custom bobbins. My 4 string bass has a neat triple magnet per string arrangement. Do you do any active electronics?

Reactions: Ted Vig

Ted Vig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2019
Saint Paul, MN
Awesome. Next time I'm up in the cities I will try to stop by. I checked out your website. I too have made custom pickups in the past. I used my 3D printer to make custom bobbins. My 4 string bass has a neat triple magnet per string arrangement. Do you do any active electronics?
Way cool! I install plenty of Bartolini, Aguilera, etc. For active stuff. I do lots of repair and focus on vintage style pickups, although I get lots of interesting requests. Man, a 3d printer would be mighty handy...

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Ember Management apprentice bolstered by retail clerkery and occasional photography gigs. " Have beens" include: fish processing supervisor, bookseller, artistic director, tour manager...

Patrick_Green

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2019
Texas
but, I have also made my speech and debate coaching hobby a pay gig.

Have you been active in debate? I went to state back in 2011 in Texas for Lincoln-Douglass debate with my highschool team. I dont debate anymore, but I enjoy listening to political and theological debates conducted by scholars.

Reactions: UncleRasta

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Sales Weezell Extraordinaire!
ORTkrcZ.jpg

achtman

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2017
I‘m an academic doing research on the evolutionary history of microbial pathogens. I did this in Germany until I retired at the age of 65 and moved to Ireland. I then retired there again when my contract ran out after 6 years and started again in England in 2013 Two more years and I retire from academia for good and move back to Germany.

I smoked a pipe for 5 years while trying to break my cigarette addiction back in the 1970s. I finally gave up fags for good 4 years ago by promising myself I could buy any pipe I wanted as long as I never smoked another cigarette. It worked but the pipe collection now has more than 100 pipes, most old Brit wood but a bunch of others, even including brand new commissioned pipes.

Mark

JMcQ

Oct 9, 2019
Atlantic Beach, FL
I‘m an academic doing research on the evolutionary history of microbial pathogens. I did this in Germany until I retired at the age of 65 and moved to Ireland. I then retired there again when my contract ran out after 6 years and started again in England in 2013 Two more years and I retire from academia for good and move back to Germany.

I smoked a pipe for 5 years while trying to break my cigarette addiction back in the 1970s. I finally gave up fags for good 4 years ago by promising myself I could buy any pipe I wanted as long as I never smoked another cigarette. It worked but the pipe collection now has more than 100 pipes, most old Brit wood but a bunch of others, even including brand new commissioned pipes.

Mark
Sounds like a very impressive collection.

Reactions: UncleRasta
Status
Not open for further replies.