PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Or what did you? Some of you are retired I'm sure.
I'm always fascinated by the eclectic mix that places like this bring.
I was a Registered Nurse full time for 5 years (still am technically, but not working actively). About a year and a half ago I accepted a new opportunity as the Worship Leader at my church - which has since grown into a larger ministry position. So full time, I'm a man of the cloth :)

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
I'm an English Professor at a small state college. Unfortunately, our campus has recently been declared a smoke-free campus. When I was in college years ago, I had a couple of profs who smoked in the classroom while they were teaching (many long years ago).

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
10 years as BlackHawk Electrician and 8 years as a Corrections Officer in a female Max. Still current at both.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Normally a law school professor and Associate Dean. The only one stupid enough to say "I'll do it" when they needed an interim dean, so now a Dean for a bit. And a new dad of a 7 week old to boot.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
I own a Full Line Independent Insurance Agency, a family business started by my father in 1943. I am 63 and this is my 41st year in the business of insurance. I was a Flight Instructor and Professional Pilot before my career in the insurance business. Now, I fly strictly for pleasure on a regular basis and I no longer give flight instruction. Tobacco blending is strictly a hobby for me and thanks to Corrnell and Diehl for taking such an interest in my blends. While I refuse any royalties for the sale of my blends, it gives me great pleasure to see them promoted and accepted. It is my way of "giving-back" to the hobby. Recently, Chris Tarler told me that Captain Bob's Blend has gone International with orders from Austrailia! That makes me very happy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

cavendish36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Congrats, dread, on the new little one!
I am a refrigeration, heating, AC service tech based in the Minneapolis, MN area. Before that, I worked in the construction trades for 17+ years. So, yeah, good with my hands and can fix just about anything except cars.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Patrol Sergeant for a small PD located in a lake front retirement community...

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Did a few years in the USAF and now I'm an auto repair tech at an independent shop.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Musician. Self-employed for gigs/lessons. Vice-President of a Steelband (mostly gigs as well, but also educational events), and VP of another company we are starting that will be a full after school music program.
A lot of professors here! What university or college are you all at? And where'd you get your doctorates? I'm about to finish my masters in performance at Roosevelt University, and may go back somewhere for the doctorate in 5 years or so.

gregbc

Lurker
Jun 30, 2013
I was a professional body piercer for 8 years. But we are on our second child now and I needed something more secure and better hours. So now I am a FedEx Ground driver. I still pierce every few saturdays for some play (pipe) money.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I'm a manager at a national sporting goods store. I enjoy it, but I miss working with my hands. I maintained the Physical Sciences buildings and labs at Arizona State University for 3 years. It was a lot of fun doing something different everyday some days it was painting, some days designing and fabricating equipment for experiments and other days reviewing schematics and building plans for the new PS building (the largest on campus) and just about everything in between. Before that I worked for 5 years building sets for Broadway shows, amusement parks, and museums. Anyone ever seen the Mary Poppins house in the Broadway show? Helped build it and put it together and my father nearly killed me with the steel frame lifting it on a fork truck. The bottom of the frame swung out and nailed me but luckily I was holding a dolly and it hit that and ripped my shirt and sliced open my chest. I had so much fun working both of those jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.