PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Worked on Grandfathers farm till 17, went in Navy, after boot was approached by 2,Navy Captains who said you know how to talk French, run a boat Have we got a deal for you, deal got me shot and in a Naval Hospital in Norfolk, mustered out in 64, worked in a machine shop, oil field, carbon black plant, they struck, applied in Baton Rouge at Exxon refinery with 500 people , haveing to take a crap I flew thru the test, went home noing I had failed, they only hired 23 and I was one of them, being full of shit got me the job. LOL Went thru a 5 yr practical engineering at LSU. Worked at Plant 31.5 yrs, built from the ground one of the largest Ethylene plant in the US. Got cancer, prostate, Dr said make your will, that was 15 yrs ago, you can".t kill a Cajun. Retired, lost almost 2 million to sharks in a suit on Wall Street, sued and won a record 22 million with 6 million in punitive damages, that was with 32 other Exxon hands, trial took 3 yrs interrupted by Katrina, got 75% of my money back, bought a Condo on coast in a gated community, that wasn"t me, bought a 100 yr old house, cut it in half and pulled it on my 81 acres and that is where I hang my hat , lost my friend Kia, son bought me another Catahoula PEmon and I am enjoying life, puffing, PM forums and haveing the company of you fine men on forum. Cest La Vie!

Aug 14, 2012
OK, now I have time for a more complete answer.

Dishwasher and Catering Truck Driver

Chief Hotel Steward

Chef Garde Manger and Ice Carver

Banquet Chef

Banquet, Restaurant and Private Club Manager

Training Director for a Large Restaurant Chain

Manhattan District Supervisor for a Restaurant Chain

Director of Urban Development for a Large Fast Food Chain

Creator and Producer of New Artists at Madison Square Garden, New York's First Juried Art Fair

Portrait Photographer and Retoucher

Proprietor of an Internet and Phone Large Format Camera Store

Retired--Hooray, I Made It

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Lots of folks in the academy. We should come up with an interdisciplinary conference that just happens to coincide with a pipe show somewhere . . .

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I teach high school orchestra and music history in northern Virginia.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I am a Project Developer for a Steel Fabricating Company.
- I basically do all the steel Purchasing.

- Manage Shop Production

- and as a secondary i manage the operations of all the CNC equipment in the shop IE Plasma Table and Beam Drill Line.

- and everything else for that matter
Like my boss puts it "you do anything that needs to be done to get the job done" 8O

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I was a working journalist for 45 years, covering everything from end zones to war zones.
In that span, I worked general assignment, and most of the beats found on modern newspapers, including cops, courts, politics, medicine, fire, sports, editing, managing and finally column writing.
I’ve covered U.S. Presidents and first-degree murderers, bums on the street and movie stars on a golf course.
It was a great career and I can’t complain. But I got caught up in the “buy-out” frenzy around 2006-07 and was told to take it or leave it on the table.
I took the buy-out and retired in 2008. I still miss the newspaper industry, but freelancing has helped salve my scars.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Wow, what an exceptional field of expertise. Me, I'm a lowly accountant working on my professional designation.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
I sell auto parts specializing in hot rods, customs and mussel cars. I also host local car shows and do a lot of mechanic work on the side.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I run the office for a large Commercial and Industrial Mechanical Contractor. It's not nearly as glamorous as it sounds, unfortunately.
But, I'm the Queen Bee!

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
jbbaldwin: I taught High School band for a year in Pitsburg, Ohio after I graduated from the University of Dayton. Then it was Elementary General Music for a year here in Illinois (that, was not too fun). I'm hoping to stay mostly out of the teaching-in-the-schools thing now though. I do enough lessons, and our new company will be offering classes and ensembles. Still, cool to see others in the field.
Is Cello your main instrument? I'm percussion, focused down mostly on Jazz Vibraphone.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I worked for the state for 37 years retired in 2006 ,had a part time job after that cleaning offices for 6 years left back in march 2013 .

now I do nothing, oh sweet rest :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.