Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
A.Fuente Gran AniverXario
owvBYlJ.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Caught up with a friend while holidaying on Bali. Found these two Dos Hermanos Indonesian cigars in the local corner store. A very enjoyable cigar for the money.

Interesting! Indonesian leaf, and especially Indonesian seed leaf grown in Ecuador, is used on some of the best and most beloved cigars in the world. Always wondered if there was much of a cigar industry in Indonesia itself, or Indonesian puros. Great find!

Reactions: python

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Back when I was first smoking cigars and Don Pepin Garcia had become all the rage, this was my favorite cigar. He made the 601s at the time.They had a Cubanesque flavor with Nicaraguan spice, and always burned very well. I sort of forgot about them for a while, but when they made the CA list the year before last I tried a couple again and thought they were still excellent. Nice value too! What did you think?

Reactions: python and cshubhra

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Gurkha Chairman's Select Double Robusto - how strange...I picked up a five pack for fifteen dollars at a bid site. Didn't think much about it. I find for some odd reason I really like these. I have classier, more expensive cigars, but I like the feel, the draw, the taste and it just seems to "fit" my smoking style. Go figure.

Reactions: python and rogers
I enjoyed it very much! The wrapper was peppery, spicy and the smoke was fantastic.

Back when I was first smoking cigars and Don Pepin Garcia had become all the rage, this was my favorite cigar. He made the 601s at the time.They had a Cubanesque flavor with Nicaraguan spice, and always burned very well. I sort of forgot about them for a while, but when they made the CA list the year before last I tried a couple again and thought they were still excellent. Nice value too! What did you think?

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Interesting! Indonesian leaf, and especially Indonesian seed leaf grown in Ecuador, is used on some of the best and most beloved cigars in the world. Always wondered if there was much of a cigar industry in Indonesia itself, or Indonesian puros. Great find!
I don’t think there are many cigars sold in Indonesia itself, but most Dutch cigars use Indonesian leave as far as I know.

The Dutch cigars are mostly dryer short filler cigars. My favourite brand is Justus Van Maurik. I used to share a box of their after dinner cigars with friends on a night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.