PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Not sure who your vendor of choice is, but 50-60% is not normal. Not even close.

Maybe a little high, but I have smoked my share of Cuban cigars across multiple vendors and LCDH stores on multiple continents, and well, yeah, I agree that Habanos SA continues to have construction and QC problems. It's not limited to one vendor or distributor or region or even a single factory on the island, in my experience. It's pretty pervasive, and when you compare them to, say, the cigars coming out of the Fuente, Padron, Aganorsa, etc. factories in the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua, they ought to be ashamed.

Reactions: Bengel

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
Maybe a little high, but I have smoked my share of Cuban cigars across multiple vendors and LCDH stores on multiple continents, and well, yeah, I agree that Habanos SA continues to have construction and QC problems. It's not limited to one vendor or distributor or region or even a single factory on the island, in my experience. It's pretty pervasive, and when you compare them to, say, the cigars coming out of the Fuente, Padron, Aganorsa, etc. factories in the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua, they ought to be ashamed.
So it sounds like we've both been at this for a very long time. Saddens me to hear your experiences have been so unlucky. I'll leave it at we can agree to disagree while I smoke a Boli CJ.

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
So it sounds like we've both been at this for a very long time. Saddens me to hear your experiences have been so unlucky. I'll leave it at we can agree to disagree while I smoke a Boli CJ.

Heh, it saddens me too. Though I still find most of the cigars to be smoke-able and I certainly find the unique Cuban flavor to be worth putting up with some construction issues.. Just wish Habanos SA would do better. Enjoy the BCJ!

Reactions: Bengel

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Arturo Fuente Chateau Queen B
c6WcSX1.jpg

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Today I enjoyed a JR Alternative Ashton no. 40 Maduro. Its a Toro sized cigar and it may be the best $2 dollar and change cigar I've ever had. I like the JR Alternatives while playing golf and buy a couple of bundles at a time when I get notified of a sale. Smooth, creamy, not too strong but flavorful. A home run or, should I say, a birdie.

Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.