PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
hoosier: Do you get any beef flavor from Waygu? I found it so bland that I had to use nearly all the available condiments and then some. Do you know what cut of Waygu was used for the grind for your burgers? Just curious.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
4 micro wave ready White Castle burghers and a can of Becks beer followed by a bowl of Condor Plug. I was going to make beans but it was too much hassle and the people I am staying with are much older so I don't think they would appreciate the wind section of the orchestra firing up after 9 in the evening!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Tonight will be asiago and panko crusted halibut with black truffle buerre blanc, some sauteed brussel sprouts with bacon and wild rice on the side.

Gotta start nibbling on that 103 lber or he'll never leave the freezer by next season.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
Just some fried rice. My method is 1 or 2 day old rice so it's fairly dried out, this is what makes the best fried rice. There are some "hacks" I use to get a flavor-explosive fried rice I'd like to share. 1) Chinese pickles. You can find these on amazon on in an asian grocery, look for pickled radish. Insanely flavorful, lots of umami, which will be an ongoing theme. 2) Powdered dashi stock, you can easily find this on amazon. This is kelp and smoked fish stock which is granulated, again, loaded with glumates, just makes the flavor pop. 3) XO sauce. This is a pricey ingredient, but it's essentially fried dried seafood(tiny shrimps and scallops), chinese ham, garlic, shallots, chilies, and some other ingredients ground up and fried in a paste to make an extremely complex and luxurious seafood sauce. I'm pretty sure you can find this on amazon too, but then again, what can't you find? I fry it in the oil with the egg and meat/seafood/veggies before adding the rice. 4) Fish sauce. Just a bit, gives lots of depth of flavor. "Three Crabs" brand is good. 5) Top the rice with some Japanese furikake-- this stuff takes fried rice to the next level. Sesame seeds, seaweed, fish flakes, and various little crunchy flavor explosive bits. 6) Fresh, thinly sliced green onion gets mixed into the fried rice when it gets turned off the heat. Since fried rice is fatty, this is very important to have something green and fresh. And that's my unsolicited tips for fried rice rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.