PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
A huge pot of chile on the stove tonight.
Tons of veggies, beans, mushrooms, garlic and enough spice and heat to bring a sweat to my forehead!
Served over Frito's corn chips with sour cream and chives on top.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
The duck and the flatiron really had me salivating. Today I put up some beef ribs in the Big Green Egg and smoked them low and slow over mesquite wood. Result: perfectly smoked ribs that were meaty, tender juicy, with a deep smoky flavor.

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
How did it turn out charlespe? Inquiring minds are curious and hungry :)
Glazed Chinese style pork ribs (oven roasted 'till ridiculously mouth watering tender goodness), steamed broccoli and loaded baked taters

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Going to make a vege lasagne tonite. Need some comfort food cause it's cold up here.

Reactions: Bengel

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
On the docket tonight is Moose yooper pasties. Going untraditional with some yellow curry ones, and some bbq bacon cheeseburger ones. We’ll see how they turn out!

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Sunday dinner was NY Strip Steaks on the grill with butternut squash from the garden. Tonight will be grilled Salmon, green beans and sliced tomatoes from the garden along with a some type of rice dish.

Reactions: Bengel and rogers
Sunday was a further exploration of meatballs. I have been trying different things with the sicilian style of making these. I mixed the meatballs from Bison and a spicy Italian Sausage, and were cooked down in a sauce of the sicilian trifecta base of onions, celery, and carrots, and then added two pounds of pureed aged ancho peppers, and then simmered all day adding garlic and wine as it reduces down. Appx 4 hours. The meatballs absorb all of the sauce and will make you slap your mama.
Served over French bread with cheese.

• Love

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I made my first batch of the season of beef stew in the crockpot yesterday. We had grilled cheese and beef stew for dinner to welcome in the first round of noticeably cooler weather. Will be having the same for dinner again tonight.

Can't go wrong with a cheap cut of beef diced up in the slow cooker, plus potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, peas, corn, and lima beans, all seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and parsley flakes, and of course Worcestershire sauce.

Reactions: Bengel and rogers

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Chili Verde today. We always add a small diced potato and a diced carrot it makes it a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.