PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i Got some C&D bow legged Bear because i read the reviews and it is supose to be high in Vitimin N but when i opened the tin it looks like i got some Browns Mule plug tobbacco. I guess what i want to know is what is the best way to prepare this for smoking. It doesnt look like sumtin that would be handy to take to work for an all day smoke.

what i did for my first bowl was took my knife and cut the corner off and fluffed it up a small peice seemed to give me more than a bowl pack. should i break it all up now or save it in plug form and just cut chunks off as i need them?

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i shur has a kick and i just got that pine needle taste i am really loving the flavor and i find i can inhale this with out turning my lungs inside out like many aromatics do to me.
do you just use a pocket knife to cut it up and how much will make a bowl pack

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Ok here's an opening....
Anything less than a 22" machete... just won't cut it... :D
I know... Booooooooo!
A good sharp pocket knife should do the trick.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Take a nice thin slice off the end of the plug and then you have flake. Rub it out or fold and stuff.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I lay the flake in the palm of my hand and rub it out by sort of clasping hands and ............rubbing.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
when i took my feild trip to C%D's i asked about what type of blend is the Bear and i was told it is a Navy blend
that is a blend i havn't read about on site anyone know what makes a Navy blend?

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Traditionally, "Navy" usually meant that it was flavored with rum. Most Navy blends were sliced plug or rope style. Today it means whatever the blender wants it to mean.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
A lot of navy blend or flake indicates perique has been added. Take a look for any particular one tobaccoreviews.com for exact ingredients.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My buddy Mort. He's the best room mate I ever had.

mort.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.