PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have all types of colors in my collection from natural no stain to black and everything in between. The most predominant color is black sandblast. Nothing like a classic looking shape in black for my tastes.

Reactions: kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My pipes tend toward darker colors across the racks and cabinet, but I do have some reds, an orange stain or two, two green stain, and many versions of black and brown. Stems also predominate in black, but I have beiges, orange, amber, and even a swirled amber and a swirled orange. White stems just look like they'd age badly, but they attract me as new pipes. I like some texture or grain that suggests the underlying material.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I have all the colors but I really love my black Sea Rocks and Shell Briars because I don't have to be careful smoking them. ?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Dublin. A zulu has to have a cylindrical chamber and a bowl with a forward cant. The one I carved has neither.

A quick glance gives the impression of a forward cant. Now that you say that and looking at the pic again you're obviously correct. It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the slope of the rim in relation to the shank creates the illusion. That's actually really nice. It's kinda like two shapes in one.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A quick glance gives the impression of a forward cant. Now that you say that and looking at the pic again you're obviously correct. It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the slope of the rim in relation to the shank creates the illusion. That's actually really nice. It's kinda like two shapes in one.
It's sort of like the 904 shape. The vertical back of the bowl with the extreme sweep of the front gives the impression of a cant where none exists.

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.