PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
H0 scale trains look like fun. Hope you don't wait forever.
http://www.scarm.info/layouts/track_plans.php?scale=HO

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I love my trains but they are neglected. I've collected HO Union Pacific trains for quote a while now (1950's era) and have some new as well as vintage pieces. I've got a static layout in my workshop app. 2x24 ft.

fyfol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2015
Playing guitars, hounding guitar gear, learning about film making, travelling and being a 3rd year psych major :mrgreen:

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Being a commercial dairy producer doesn't leave me to much time to enjoy hobbies. However we raise pedigree Holsteins only. So I look at lineage and traits, etc. Cosmic will tell you, animal husbandry is not a hobby, it's a way of life. Right now we have three herd sires on the farm, one "doing" his job and the other two that I picked out still coming of age. It's fun looking at them and hoping you'd get a good bull. One is mostly white, He's a Febraury calf and his registered name is "Merican Sniper. The other is a red Holstien from June. He is Defiant Rebel-Red. I started beekeeping three years ago, but I intend that as a side project/ business. Also tapped trees this spring and would like to get more into that. Also enjoy cutting and splitting my own firewood, and have been successful refurbing furniture.
http://my.selectsires.com/public/bull-pages?AnimalIdentifier=7HO9222&Language=ENG&Country=USA Merican snipers' sire
http://my.selectsires.com/public/bull-pages?AnimalIdentifier=7HO11596&Language=ENG&Country=USA Rebels sire.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Straight razor shaving. After about a year I'm finally at the point where I can give myself a full straight razor shave. I've gotten some insane deals on ebay for some pretty much mint looking Keen Kutter dual sided hone in it's original tin box, about 6 different razors I use, an omega badger hair brush, 4 honing stones including a lilly white. Plus an auto-stropping machine in it's original box with the instructions that looked unused, and a Pike brand genuine horsehide strop free of nicks for 10$ at a local antique store. I'm set for life.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Mr. Dutchman, that's a heck of a lovely train.
I've got a static layout in my workshop app. 2x24 ft.
This must be a lot of fun. I always like the trains -- models that work.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
This must be a lot of fun. I always like the trains -- models that work.
Mines pretty much for display now, it used to be a circuit around a 12x12 room with mountains within six inches of the ceiling. I enjoy making the scenery and buildings, very relaxing.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
win_20151208_164057-600x337.jpg

win_20151208_164114-600x337.jpg

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Smoking Rumper In a dark room with sigils and candles. Pouring over magickal manuscripts.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Competitive shooting, especially IDPA.
I like to read history. I pick an area or a topic and try to concentrate there for a while. (Right now I'm reading as much as I can about coffee -- fascinating impact on events.)
I write my blog when the mood strikes me and I'm noodling away at the second Monahan novel. Here's the first one: THE UGLIEST OF THINGS

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Reading both fiction and nonfiction, my Harley Davidson 2000 Lowrider with suicide shift, reminiscing about when I was younger and things hurt less, my three cats, yard, scientific animal studies, this forum!

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Reading, hiking. In college I tried poetry (which was predictably atrocious), but writing even bad poetry gives you a better appreciation for reading good poetry.
I have a tin whistle, but I broke the fipple and never replaced it. I keep thinking I should switch to harmonica.
I'd like to try my hand at gardening, but I live in an apartment. My friend is buying a house--I'm gonna beg and plead come spring for her to set aside a little patch for me to play around in, since it's only a few blocks from my apartment.
Car maintenence (97 Jeep Grand Cherokee) is more a duty than a hobby, but more and more I'm finding that I approach it with relish, and finish it with great satisfaction. Robert Pirsig and my Haynes manual to the rescue!
I've also tried brewing mead (terrible!), learning a second language (failed!), drawing (decent-but-not-great), painting (worse than drawing!), and calligraphy (I could get good at this if I worked at it).
Every once in a while I get really into Buddhism--so naturally, I shave my head, set aside time for meditating, and generally become a better person/co-worker/brother/son/friend for a few weeks (but seldom longer!)
Never stop learning, teaching, playing, exploring, experiencing, and living!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Woodworking with all hand tools.

Reading

Farting around with the guitar

Would like to make more pipes too

Hiking

Shooting
I used to build and paint resin figure models, but as usual I move on to other things as I lose interest.
Yeah, not sure if these are hobbies or just things I enjoy and fill up the time in between the shit I HAVE to do.
I also collect Molds, Spores and Fungus.

Status
Not open for further replies.