PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Watching a documentary on the 1980 New Mexico prison riot.
I was aware of the Attica riot and have seen it mentioned in movies and tv like Dog Day Afternoon and Oz but had never come across anything about this one which is surprising considering the amount of inmates murdered and the truly insane way some of them were tortured to death. Perhaps it's because I live in England and it's more well known in America or something.

Chris.

Aug 14, 2012
My favorite series is "Peaky Blinders" on Netflix. Almost worth watching for the vintage cars alone. Several 1920s Bentleys were featured. They mentioned that the lead character had 4 Bugattis, but didn't show any.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Started in on The Trailer Park Boys. It’s always interesting to see a series produced in another country for their domestic market.

Also watching some of The I.T. Crowd for the umpteenth time. Always good for a quick pick me up.
You should check out the mighty boosh if you like odd comedy series

Jun 9, 2018
England
You should check out the mighty boosh if you like odd comedy series

Agreed! The Mighty Boosh is a great series as is anything Noel Fielding is in.
Another series that's a tad weird is The League of Gentleman, it may be a bit dark for some but boy is it funny, Papa Lazarou is a genius comic creation.

Chris.

Reactions: MrTom

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
Watched "War" starring Jet Lee, an assassin being hunted by the FBI, Triad versus Yakuza in San Francisco, fast action cop thriller with a twist.

Reactions: Bowie
Jun 9, 2018
England
Watching the John Wayne Gacy movie To Catch a Killer on YouTube starring the great Brian Dennehy.
Dennehy is one of those actors like Gary Oldman, Ralph Fiennes and Gene Hackman who always give a great performance. Even if I didn't like whichever film they are in they're almost certainly the best thing in it.

Chris.

Reactions: MrTom and Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.