PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Unfortunately, no. Thought of getting one many times after owning a Pioneer, just never got around to it. I've never heard negative reviews on them though.

I don't believe Strambach make gourd calabashes anymore, I purchased one about 3 years ago and it was the last one I could find online in Europe, I haven't seen any new ones since then.

I got another used one last year off ebay but they don't often show up. The Black Swan tobacconist in England currently have a Comoys calabash with stand for £295 and there's always Baki.

Chris.

Reactions: supperthyme

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Man in the High Castle. Been Looking forward to this.
Love the Beach Boys;) nostalgia.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched Nick Broomfield's excellent documentary
Aileen Wuornos: Selling of a Serial Killer and am about to watch his follow up on her life and execution
Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial killer.

Chris.

Reactions: prndl

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
A discussion in What are you Listening to thread about the band Badfinger reminded me of this movie, the Internet is great! Definitely worth the watch.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just finished watching Platoon on Netflix.
I've seen it a number of times over the years but it had been a good few years since I last watched it.

As well as being an awesome movie it's one of those films like Goodfellas that has an amazing cast and every single one of them gives an outstanding performance.

Chris.

Reactions: brian64

f5rd2hy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2017
NV
My box is a pc tower. The big box (theater) gets seen now and then. $4 senior Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Netlix:

Apache Warrior (2017) documentary about an Iraqi night strike. Captivating (original radio transmissions).

Got The Crown S3 lined up to watch - of course. Wouldn't miss it.

The Command (2018). Fascinating story.

Amazon Prime:

Suits. Started S1 E1 pilot - wow. Great show!

Still slogging along to the steady diesel thumping motor and watching Narrowboat. Addicting.

Theater:

The Lighthouse (2019). A must see.

Saw Parasite (2019). Bong Joon-ho - so you cannot go wrong. Did not read or listen to any reviews and did I have the wrong preconceived notions as to what this was about!

Netflix DVD:

Amazing Grace (2018). Live 1972 Aretha Franklin concert footage that was never released until now. First word in the title says it all.

Library hoopla:

The Lady Vanishes (2013). Pretty good remake one of my favorite Hitchcock film. See if your library has it.

Reactions: shanez

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I recently finished the third season of "Fargo" - the best but also most drastic of all three, in my opinopn. Now, I got a great deal on eBay for a complete box of all "Twin Peaks" material ever released, which I watch now.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.