PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I've also been watching some kids shows with my daughter even though she's only 8.5 months and doesn't understand what's going on. Sometimes she'll watch for as much as 3 minutes so I get a short break from her rearranging the living room. At least that's the excuse I'm using.

Ollie & Moon on Netflix is a pretty good kids show.

Hilda on Netflix is an excellent cartoon. I've, I mean we've, watched the series twice now. It's only 13 episodes and I hope they make more. It's about a little girl who befriends elves, helps giants, and deals with trolls among other things. I think I'm going to order a DVD copy so I can make sure it's available for my daughter when she's older.

Reactions: MrTom
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched the 1978 BBC documentary on Hunter S. Thompson and Ralph Steadman's road trip across America.

Hunter was such an amazing bloke, I watched a 6 min piece of telly from 1968 (also included below) in which Hunter argues with one of the Hells Angels who he spent time with doing his book.
The guy recounts the story about one of the Hells Angels called 'Junkie' George beating up his girlfriend and nobody doing anything to stop it, so Hunter stepped in and promptly got his arse kicked by 3 or 4 of the Angels for trying to do the right thing.
The guy was fearless, a total one off and an absolute legend.

Chris.

'Junkie' George story:

BBC Documentary:

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
I gave up tv years ago. Hate it with a passion. Other then maybe one or two movies at a movie theater a year, that's it. Would much rather read a book and enjoy a pipe. :)
I used to feel the same, I got rid of my TV many years ago & loved to read & pipe. But after a bad spell in hospital I couldn't read, so now I'm retired I got my TV back & I multitask & listen to audio books during the day & watch some TV in the evening... I hope to get back to reading my paperbooks, one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.