PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I didn't pay close enough attention to what really happened, and am also new to Formula One. Can you 'splain wha' happen?
A lot of F1 racing has to do with tire management, as the tires degrade through the race, causing cars to lose grip. Hamilton, driving for Mercedes, made only one stop early on, and he masterfully - and against the odds - extended his tires' life well beyond their expected life cycle for the win. One of the Ferrari drivers (Vettel) stopped too late in the race for his new tires and could not catch Hamilton. The other Ferrari driver (Le Clerc) had to make two stops, taking him out of contention for first place.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and MrTom

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification.

One day I may learn about battery management. Fascinating stuff, but in some ways, pretty tame. (Not wanting accidents, just more jockeying for position throughout the race.)

Reactions: MrTom and Bowie

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
We don't have a 'box' down here in Lutz, Florida. Its like living on the real life set of the movie 'Cocoon' with an entire army of Wilford Brimley's wandering around. The only draw back the local pool doesn't have any of those glowing rocks in it that make you younger. At night I try to catch these little guys who keep stealing all the fruit.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
This is one of those times of year where I'm tuned in almost exlusively to sports (The World Series, NFL, Warriors are just starting). Been watching some Star Trek: TNG otherwise. Will have to mine this thread for ideas.

I used to love watching Trailer Park Boys and was happy when it appeared on Netflix. It is such a fun show to watch.

The first I ever heard of this show, I was very high in Vancouver, BC, at a bar, and the bar staff started mentioning the show was about to start and went out to get loaded themselves, and I assumed it must just be the funniest damn thing ever. They turned it on, and I was disappointed. A few years later, a friend was telling me about it and I was like, "I know all about the Trailer Park Boys. Show sucks." But he kept watching it when I was at his house, and it really started to grow on me, and after a while, I was converted. I blame the damn Rakins for eating all my brains.

Reactions: MrTom

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Watching Fuad on Netflix, Israllei terriost squad hunting down terriost who was supposed to have been killed but is laying low. With wWorld Issues I’m watching to understand maybe somewhat the Middle East Mindset.

Reactions: MrTom

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Halloween smoke will be Cult Blood Red Moon, in (of course) the Black Sandblasted Peterson Dracula 87 Apple. Likely watching the SNL episode that had David S. Pumpkins in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.