*** What Are You Smoking?*** (September 2019)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. A bottle of Cheerwine made with pure cane sugar is my drink.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Good morning Jim. Have you spoken to John about bringing back this blend? I’m sure it would be very popular.

I have indeed. John Brandt worked his tail off trying to duplicate Nut Brown Burley, but he couldn't get close enough to an acceptable substitute to market it, so it's not coming back. Btw, you may be interested and surprised to know that Carole told me when she was blending it, that it wasn't a big seller .

Last edited:
Reactions: tfdickson

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty ham cheese roll ups and hummus lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Tsuge Gunjin in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Celebi Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic tapered stem.

samw74

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2017
New York , NY
I have indeed. John Brandt worked his tail off trying to duplicate Nut Brown Burley, but he couldn't get close enough to an acceptable substitute to market it. so it's not coming back. Btw, you may be interested and surprised to know that Carole told me when she was blending it, that it wasn't a big seller .
That’s too bad, but I give him credit. Many blenders unfortunately will release a different blend and use the old name when some tobaccos are no longer available. I could think of at least two dozen easily.

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City VaBur Test Sample in a black straight, grain etched family era (Post WW2) Four Dot Sasieni “Appleby” apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking early 1970s MacBaren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.