*** What Are You Smoking? *** (October, 2019)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation: Small Batch Aged Virginia in a 2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret billiard, signed by Dorelio Rovera and a black acrylic tapered stem. Working and getting ready to listen to Mad Dog Russo.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Full English (Planta) in the no-name pipe of the month, far right.

150GeRi.jpg

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I've been casting glances at these Nording Compass pipes online (came across them while searching Falcon Pipes) and wondering whether I might like them. Simultaneously intrigued and somewhat hesitant due to the untraditional/modernist look of them.

I have two and love them. Cheap and easy. I use them like I do my cobs, usually while doing chores, hiking or something where I'm active.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
First bowl ever of C&D Virginia Flake in a Demirev Bulldog. I am pleasantly surprised. They call it flake but it is clearly broken flake. Which is fine by me. Came out of the tin quite dry but perfect condition to smoke. Somewhat earthy but very pleasant sweet flavors. Not the deep molasses sweet you get from Red Va's but some sugar and citrus. I think you'd have to work at it for this blend to bite. Might be a good first time Virginia blend to try period. I want to smoke more of this blend but the initial impression is quite positive.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a really good snooze, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of early 1970s MacBaren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.