PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Revor Plug in an MM Country Gent. It's Hallowe'en already here, so the grandchildren are dressed up and jumping out on kids Trick or Treating at the front door; I can hear the screams and squeals from my conservatory at the back of the house. I have the French windows open on a mild Autumn evening. The owl that lives in our woods is hooting for all he's worth ahead of hunting mice in the fields that are now harvested and bare of cover. This is what Friday nights are for.
Andy

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Missouri pride with early morning pipe. I kept the packing extremely loose and was rewarded with what probably was one of my best smokes yet. Still in the newbie phase here.

I will now start kicking myself for all of those times where I read in a million threads, some my own, to pack looser and thought "well I can't very well pack any looser than I already am, right?"

It also leads me to think however that using the three layer method as described grossly overpacks the pipe. Further experimentation is required...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Been enjoying company and managed to smoke a bowl of St. James Flake in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit. Next is Capstan Blue in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Semois, thanks to two Forums members, one who sent me a sample so I could try it, and another who sent

me a full package (and another tobacco and a pipe!). Love this Belgium grown burley. It's in a class by

itself for me. Smoking it in a Chocum straight billiard, green stained exclusively for Iwan Ries. The stain

somewhat matches the Semois package.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished this bowl of G&H Coconut Twist in a straight 2014 MM Pride Legend.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Eltang Virginia in a smooth straight 1980s Upshall/Tilshead Walnut pot with the JU stamp.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Listing this a few minutes early: 4th Generation 1931 in a very early Ascorti straight New Dear KS billiard with a smooth shank.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
LEO in a Savinelli Roma 401.
bth_jacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.