PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
My first bowl of Gawith Hoggarth: Seasonal Reserve 2019 and very tasty it is too.
It has a flavour like cherries & marzipan and has a glorious room note, well worth checking out if you're looking for something to smoke around friends and family this Christmas.
I'm smoking it in my wooden calabash with block meerschaum bowl that is dedicated to aromatics.

Chris

View attachment 11298
Wow a splendid Calabash sir, I love them.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Wow a splendid Calabash sir, I love them.

Thanks mate, I've got 4 gourd calabashes but I found they ghost very easily when an aromatic is smoked in them, my guess is the gourd is doing what it's intended to do ie absorb moisture but a side affect is strong flavourings get absorbed also.
So I bought a wooden one as I thought it wouldn't ghost as easily and its worked out pretty well, it still ghosts but not to the same extent and it also doesn't hold it for as long either.

Chris

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch and am now smoking Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 2002 smooth medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. A cup of Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching Tombstone Territory on this sunny, chilly day.

Status
Not open for further replies.