Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I figured that I would start a thread so everyone can post what they are reading at the moment. I guess we'll see how it works out.
Right now I'm working on Sherlock Holmes - The Sign of Four.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
"Keys to Drawing" by Bert Dodson.
Used to draw and sketch a lot and checked this out from the library, thinking it might be time to try it again.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Bob and Cortez I'm reading Sherlock Holmes-The sign oF four. Almost done with it. I'm finding I really like the Sherlock Holmes books.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm in between reads. I am trying to decide what to read. There has been a plethora of outstanding literature mentioned lately. I'm in a serious quandary.

Any suggestions?

Might be time to break out the Shakespeare.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
May I suggest Henry IV, Parts 1 & 2, with Falstaff, Shakespeare's greatest character (a loveable wretch of a fallen knight), and some great speech-ifying.
Or if you're in a bloody mood, Titus Andronicus, more gruesome than any Freddie Krueger (sp?) or "chainsaw massacre" film ever made. Well, it grossed me out anyway.
Or, if you're up for something like science fiction, of a sort, try his farewell to the stage: The Tempest. (An allegorial commentary on exploration and colonization.)
It's interesting that while Shakespeare wrote in the late 1500's - early 1600's, I can't recall any mention of tobacco use.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Cortezattic Said:

Right now I'm reading Bob's most recent post. LOL
LMAO
Sapo59 Said:

Bob and Cortez I'm reading Sherlock Holmes-The sign oF four. Almost done with it. I'm finding I really like the Sherlock Holmes books.
I really like The Sign of Four. I am almost done with it as well. I think I have like 20 pages left. I am also really digging the Sherlock Holmes books.
Pstlpkr Said:

I'm in between reads. I am trying to decide what to read.
I might be a little too late with this but, go get the last Harry Potter book. You said in another thread that you just finished reading all of the other books except for the last one. Go get it and read it!

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Okay fur I'll bit. What is hide shooting?
Where do you fish? I to excel at being a bad fisherman. I have a boat on a skip about 10 minutes from my house and fish often. Catch?????....not so much.
Catch a buzz though which is really why I'm there in the first place.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
Undaunted Courage, about Meriwether Lewis and Thomas Jefferson Exploring America great book

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Ahhh
Gotcha.
Referred to over here in the colonies as a "blind" rather than hide.
No wood pigeons over here. A smaller cousin the Dove is a common game bird around here though. Yes that's correct we apparently like to go out and blast the shit out of the bird of peace.
For me it's just fresh water lake fishing. Bass and catfish mostly. I do think it's worthy of pointing out that I am the king of catching 4-5 inch sunfish. I can catch the hell out of them and if they ever start a professional sunfishing tour I'm sure to become a star.
Stay warm and be careful...You'll put your eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.