PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Sea Kayaker's More Deep Trouble (Christopher Cunningham)

Decided to break up the Stephen King with some actual horror. I do a lot of ocean canoeing, so I try to stay current and learn from other people's misfortune. It's a great read for anyone on the water... particularly the ocean.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Institute by Stephen King. Can't remember the last time I read a book from him. Was looking for a scare, but it's more thriller than scary at the half way mark. Might abandon it for something more interesting.

Just finished it. Not his best work, but I stuck it out.

Now: Hard to Handle the Black Crowes Memoir

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Maigret, Maigret, and more Maigret! I hadn't heard of the series until a recent thread here, and then boom! - 7 books in the last week. A great character, and definitely the best pipe-smoking character I've read. A lot to learn here. Maigret don't have no time for all that "dry your tobacco and smoke it slow" nonsense. He frequently sucks down 3-4 bowls of ghastly French government shag in less than an hour. He smokes his pipe in the wind and cleans it with chicken feathers.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I was literally just about to start a “What Are You Reading?” thread ?. Glad I saw this one. I used to be a voracious reader, but life has gotten in the way the last few years and I haven’t made nearly as much time.

Anyway.. just started reading my first Neil Gaiman novel. American Gods, of course!

sisyphus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2019
The Blinding White. Loved this series but so far this final book is a little tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.