PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Listening to my favourite version of The Beatles: Hey Jude.
It's a great video from 1968 with Sir David Frost introducing them. The lads pissing about at the beginning is funny and the ending where the audience join them on stage is awesome.
Special shout out to the old man @6:22 with a beer in one hand, a flower behind each ear and a cigarette also.

Chris

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
^^ Good one, as well, Chris.

Telling my age but, I actually remember when that version first aired on regular 3 channel network tv over here.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Watching the Beatles video Chris posted I kept thinking how much times have changed.

That was impressed upon me even more watching this one.

Begins with a short interview...of "a young man...I've only been singing for about 5 years...just learning to sing"

The less I say the more my work gets done

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018
England
^^ Good one, as well, Chris.

Telling my age but, I actually remember when that version first aired on regular 3 channel network tv over here.
Watching the Beatles video Chris posted I kept thinking how much times have changed.

That was impressed upon me even more watching this one.

Begins with a short interview...of "a young man...I've only been singing for about 5 years...just learning to sing"

The less I say the more my work gets done

......And a few months later his fellow countryman (and also fellow ledgend) made his own seminal appearance on Soul Train.
In the interview david is a little bit high, ever humble and as always the coolest man on the planet.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.