PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Grilled centercuts, hot buttered sweet taters, southern cole slaw and cathead biscuits.

Reactions: rogers

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Nothing wrong with beans and bacon, saintpeter.

Especially with cornbread and a chunk of onion!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Homemade corned beef hash laid into a bowl of hot buttered cornbread.

Sweet milk on the side.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Thanks to saintpeter on the other thread, I woke up to a cravin'.

Got up at 5:00 a.m., fried some spam, fried some eggs and slid both of them inside a hot cathead biscuit. Hot coffee on the side.

Now, I'm ready for Gameday.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Grilled boneless chicken breasts, homemade mac and (3) cheese and garden salad.

Hot buttered dinner rolls and sweet tea on the side.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I'm currently making 80 Brat links. The beer, butter, garlic and onions (the bath) is boiling. Later I'll grill the Brats and put them in the bath for two hours.
I'm also making green chili w/ elk meat. (10 lbs of meat, onion, hatch chilis, garlic and sharp cheddar cheese)
I would definitely not want to be in the vicinity of your ass after that meal lol

jeff540

Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Broke open a nice sized "Flat White Boer Ford" pumpkin we bought a month or so ago, had been sitting on the table as a fall decoration, although if I'm honest I did buy it with the sole intention of cooking it once the "decorative" novelty had expired.

Intensely dark orange, sweet, and dense flesh. I've made a few simple but savory dishes with it, involving generous amounts of olive oil, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. And I still have at least half left for pumpkin pie and breads.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
In Charleston today so no cookin so I'm going have what else but Shrimp & Grits.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife made some from-scratch blueberry muffins to go with roast pork and mashed potatoes. As a farm girl she cooked for folks who came to do farm work along with the family, supervised by her Grandma, the matriarch. She spent her adult life in Greenwich Village and on Long Island doing general reporting, restaurant reviews, and eventually food writing, and knows vast info about international and regional cooking, from Texas to Japan and the Middle East.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Helped the boychild smoke a 10# boston butt on his Mastercraft last night and today. After 18 hours at 225 degrees, a large time was had by all.

He and his wife are tailgating with friends in the Grove before the LSU-Ole Miss game tonight. After the Alabama game last week, his outlook is a tad higher than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.