PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It was a beautiful day, nice breeze, humidity is gone, and I was falling asleep at my desk. So I decided to go for a lunt. Loaded up my GBD Natural full bent apple with Carter Hall and enjoyed a leisurely half hour walk. As you can see I'm trying to grow a beard (emphasis on trying) and it's coming in all grey. I may only be 39 but based on this picture can I get at least temporary admission to the G.O.B. club?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Beard envy is trying to compare to Dave from the pipe club, you met him last month. He actually participates in beard competitions! Pat laughed at my beard on Saturday.....not gonna lie, it hurt a bit. :crying:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Pat laughed at my beard on Saturday
I did!?! Profuse apologies. Profound sorrow... Your beard will be wonderful, in about eight months. :nana:
I do like the beard on you. You need to let it grow in a bit and then head to the best barber in Durham who will shape it for you. He also just received his latest batch of straight razors if you're feelin' skilled/lucky.
Glad to hear you had a good lunch & lunt.
-- Pat

Jan 8, 2013
Looks like you got your hair trimmed and glued the trimmings to your face.... :rofl: Just kidding. I bet it will grow in nicely. I like that pipe :)

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Looks like you got your hair trimmed and glued the trimmings to your face
These are good, keep them coming!!! I don't remember my goatee taking that long to grow in, maybe that's why I only grew the goat at the time. Oh well.

Jan 8, 2013
Don't feel bad about the grey. I'm 39 as well and I get a lot of grey in my beard, especially on either side of the chin. To be honest, I love it. The way I see it, I earned that grey.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It's a 398 MP. My 10 year old daughter picked it out for me at a Smoker's Haven in Buffalo. Turns out it was an unsmoked pipe from right around the transition in 1981. She picked out a nice one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.