Welcome To The 3rd Annual Fishnbanjo Day.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Last year, this was fun.
Today, it is a duty and, on the heels of his recent passing, it feels too soon.
However, I can not alter the calendar and would not dare neglect my self appointed duties.
So, even though many of us just did this two weeks ago, spontaneously, dig deep into your personal haberdashery and show some love!
Get out that special hat, don some shades and show us how YOU keep it smoky. Bonus points for classiest pipe and most scenic backdrop.
As I am still grounded at home in recovery mode, I submit probably the lamest pic from within my smoking command bunker. Forgive me, Sante...
Keeping it smoky with some Esoterica Tilbury in a Stanwell 86, one of my favorite shapes to date.
fbd3.jpg

Links:
1st Fishnbanjo Day

2nd Fishnbanjo Day

Post concerning Fisnbanjo's passing
"Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living." -Mother Jones
jay-roger.jpg

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
Keeping it smokey with Black Mallory in my Jirsa Sitter. Just remember, smoke rises...
6d1f3f1f-53d3-4d19-a81d-e11301e87c7e-600x450.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
My daughter and I, keeping it smokey (Brown Bogie/Autumn Evening 50/50 mix, my daughter loves the smell of this blend) in a Bones billiard.
cjcC04V.jpg

Sorry for the lack of smoke, it’s the only pic I have at the moment.
Disclaimer* My daughters pipe is a play pipe not intended to be smoked until she is of legal age, just 16 years to go! I hope that cob lasts that long.

Jan 8, 2013
I didn't realize you made this thread today. Great photos, everyone. I may try to get a photo in for this one tomorrow if I make it home from work before the daylight ends.... and of course I'll have to find a good tree. A hat really shouldn't be a problem.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I ordered a funky Kangol flat cap from fleabay and it didn't arrive in time for today, so you will not be the only one posting later.
It's never too late to celebrate Fishnbanjo Day!
jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Keeping it smokey for Sante with my favorite flying shades, vintage seahawks hat, and Old Dark Fired in my AKB meerschaum calabashish demichurchwardeny thing on the awesome little soon to be guest cabin platform behind the house......lovin our Alaska 9pm sunshine!
34e4960e-e4c2-4894-bbdd-9084f17e70d5-600x450.jpg

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Keeping it Smokey
unadjustednonraw_thumb_4-451x600.jpg

Peterson Dracula 69 with Grousemoor (and a Hanna Donegal flat cap)

unadjustednonraw_thumb_7-451x600.jpg

Peterson Newgrange Spigot XL11 with Presbyterian (and the same cap)

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Keeping It Smokey for Sante. SG Cabbie’s Mixture in an AKB Lattice Cherrywood Meerschaum carved by Tekin. Donning the flat cap, shades, my most unique meer, and in front of my favorite tree (full of FL Spanish Moss) in honor of Fishbanjo Day.
E3LPCez.jpg

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Keeping it Smokey with David's Executive Blend in a 1962 Dunhill root briar lovat.

As a new member who has been visiting regularly for a number of years, I feel it is important to pay my respects.
augiebd.jpg

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Keeping it smokey in the Austrian Tyrol! Internet is too slow to post a photo, but rest assured, I've an Andreas Bauer Meer, loaded with some nice HU Director's Cut (but also just smoked Ratrays Blossom Temptation and HU Haddes Best Irish) overlooking this magnificent mountain country. There is a festival of sorts playing music down below.
Here's to you Fishnbanjo! Our job is to live life to the fullest as it appears you did.

You only live once and then it's gone.
"He said, life's a tune you whistle in the dark

When you get it right, you get a little spark

And the sun comes up and it all dawns on you" -Guy Clark

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
oEg3S6i.jpg

Keeping it smokey with some SG Best Brown Flake in a Savinelli Punto Oro Gold “canadian “.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I like those pete tankards. I use a nickel mounted one as my hunting/fishing pipe. That and some cobs of course.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Still trapped in my dungeon on a beautiful day.
Still keeping it (barely) smoky, however, with some Bullseye Flake in my first "real" pipe, a Stanwell 185.
For its size, this thing is a great clencher and 2 flakes fit like a glove.
kis2.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Going to bump this one for Banjo! Come on people, let's keep this going for Sante! Keeping it Smokey with some McLelland 40th Anniversary in the trusty Peterson Irish Harp 606.......Sorry, no hat or shades, but right now it's all I got!
pete-600x600.jpg

chilly65

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2018
I never knew the man, nor had any interaction with him. If you really want to honor him, you might consider working with a pipe maker to make a commemorative pipe with special stamping. I did this twice. Once with Peterson to honor Peter WD on Smokers Forum UK. We had subscriptions for about 80 pipes in two shapes in several finishes. The silver bands were stamped with PeterWD and the years of his birth and death. I organized another special pipe after Bill Taylor died. Jimmmy Craig produced about 30 sandblasted billiards with silver bands and a nice hard case with a silver plaque.
If any of you feel so inclined to organize a commission, it might be a nice way to remember the man.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I never knew the man, nor had any interaction with him. If you really want to honor him, you might consider working with a pipe maker to make a commemorative pipe with special stamping. I did this twice. Once with Peterson to honor Peter WD on Smokers Forum UK. We had subscriptions for about 80 pipes in two shapes in several finishes. The silver bands were stamped with PeterWD and the years of his birth and death. I organized another special pipe after Bill Taylor died. Jimmmy Craig produced about 30 sandblasted billiards with silver bands and a nice hard case with a silver plaque.
If any of you feel so inclined to organize a commission, it might be a nice way to remember the man.
This is actually an excellent idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.